Only in Summer League: Mason Plumlee dunk-fest (VIDEO)

Jul 9, 2013, 1:22 AM EST

One of the positives coming into the draft for Duke center Mason Plumlee was that he was a good athlete for his size — he moves well when he rolls, he runs the floor well in transition, and he can finish at the rim.

Combine those attributes with the up-and-down, disjointed game of Summer League and you get the Mason Plumlee third quarter dunk-fest.

Plumlee has looked solid for the Nets in the preseason, which is a good sign, still the first round pick is going to have a hard time finding minutes in Brooklyn behind Brook Lopez and Andray Blatche.

1. captainwisdom8888 - Jul 9, 2013 at 2:42 AM

That guys like the best player ever. Wow. Hall of fame. #Watch out Jordan

• yaryers - Jul 9, 2013 at 3:47 AM

Be funnier.

2. Sports King of this world - Jul 9, 2013 at 4:01 AM

I’m digging Mason Plumlee. Well I should huh!! I’m a Duke fan baby!!!

• jcmeyer10 - Jul 9, 2013 at 7:47 AM

Let me guess, you live no where near Duke nor have any relevant ties making you a fan.

• wadecounty93 - Jul 9, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I understand there are a lot of fake fans out there but just because someone is not from somwhere or didnt have family go to a certain school to be a fan. Im a great example. I grew up an hour north of Miami and now live in Miami and rep the Heat and Dolphins and am a big University of Miami fan even know i have never been to college. I also am a huge Memphis fan and have nothing to do with and have never been there in my life. No im not a bandwagon heat fan Ive been following them way before Lebron came here and actually know who Mourning and Hardaway is. You can be a fan of any team no matter what ties you have.

• Sports King of this world - Jul 10, 2013 at 12:44 AM

No actually my schools mascot is a Blue Devil.. So I do have the right to claim. I am a Blue Devil. Uh oh.. Here come the.Devils….

• Sports King of this world - Jul 10, 2013 at 12:45 AM

I’ve been keeping up with duke done I was about 11

3. llfreedman - Jul 9, 2013 at 6:10 AM

He’s going to be good. I was surprised he slid as far as he did in the draft. He’s a polished big man with size and speed who learned under coach k for 4 years….

I realize he doesn’t have the potential to be a super star, but I could see him being a 10-10 guy or at worst a really good third big.

4. saint1997 - Jul 9, 2013 at 8:02 AM

Maybe he’ll become good enough to give them an actual trade piece

5. pauliewalnuts90 - Jul 9, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Both Plumlee brothers looked good in yesterday’s summer league games.

6. staff2cj - Jul 9, 2013 at 11:04 AM

The great white hope!!!

7. miamatt - Jul 9, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Miami had better tighten the defensive screws if they hope to fulfill the promise of an Orlando Summer League Championship.

8. tcclark - Jul 9, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Miles looks better so far in Summer League.

Can Rockets, Grizzlies keep up hot starts?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches