Jul 9, 2013, 8:45 AM EST
Back in Jan. 30, Glen Davis had what up to that point had been a good season stopped when he injured his foot against the Knicks. That led a few days later to foot surgery that kept him out the rest of the rest of the season. It showed for Orlando on the court — Orlando was 13-21 with Davis and 7-41 when he sat.
Monday, he had foot surgery again to replace a screw in his 5th metatarsal, following up on that first surgery, the team announced.
He should return to basketball activities later this summer and be ready to go for training camp, the team announced.
“He’s just been having some discomfort,” Davis’ agent, John Hamilton, told the Orlando Sentinel. “It made sense for us to get it checked, and that’s what we did.”
Doesn’t sound serious, but you always have to be careful with foot injuries and basketball players.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8