Jul 9, 2013, 8:28 PM EST
The Birdman won’t fly the coop.
Chris Andersen has agreed to a one-year contract with the Heat, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports. Andersen will make between $1,399,507 (the minimum salary for a player with at least 10 year’s experience) and $3,183,000 (the taxpayer mid-level exception).
Obviously, the less Andersen makes, the more Miami has to spend on other free agents. Andersen fit extremely well with the Heat, and that’s part of the reason he wanted to return all along, but they also have another needs.
Now that they’ve locked up Andersen, the Heat can move onto adding a large center and maybe a point guard.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 9
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 18
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 34
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 8
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (63)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)