Jul 9, 2013, 8:28 PM EDT
The Birdman won’t fly the coop.
Chris Andersen has agreed to a one-year contract with the Heat, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports. Andersen will make between $1,399,507 (the minimum salary for a player with at least 10 year’s experience) and $3,183,000 (the taxpayer mid-level exception).
Obviously, the less Andersen makes, the more Miami has to spend on other free agents. Andersen fit extremely well with the Heat, and that’s part of the reason he wanted to return all along, but they also have another needs.
Now that they’ve locked up Andersen, the Heat can move onto adding a large center and maybe a point guard.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7