Jul 9, 2013, 8:28 PM EST
The Birdman won’t fly the coop.
Chris Andersen has agreed to a one-year contract with the Heat, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports. Andersen will make between $1,399,507 (the minimum salary for a player with at least 10 year’s experience) and $3,183,000 (the taxpayer mid-level exception).
Obviously, the less Andersen makes, the more Miami has to spend on other free agents. Andersen fit extremely well with the Heat, and that’s part of the reason he wanted to return all along, but they also have another needs.
Now that they’ve locked up Andersen, the Heat can move onto adding a large center and maybe a point guard.
- Spurs get a little revenge, along with season’s signature win in takedown of Heat 0
- Suns’ rookie Alex Len takes to court with #prayforukraine on shoes 16
- Paul George wants LeBron James to be his mentor 39
- Report: Joakim Noah recruiting Carmelo Anthony to Chicago Bulls 41
- The Extra Pass: Four teams for three spots in West playoff race 7