Jul 9, 2013, 8:28 PM EDT
The Birdman won’t fly the coop.
Chris Andersen has agreed to a one-year contract with the Heat, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports. Andersen will make between $1,399,507 (the minimum salary for a player with at least 10 year’s experience) and $3,183,000 (the taxpayer mid-level exception).
Obviously, the less Andersen makes, the more Miami has to spend on other free agents. Andersen fit extremely well with the Heat, and that’s part of the reason he wanted to return all along, but they also have another needs.
Now that they’ve locked up Andersen, the Heat can move onto adding a large center and maybe a point guard.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 17
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 45
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 59
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 71
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16