Jul 9, 2013, 8:28 PM EDT
The Birdman won’t fly the coop.
Chris Andersen has agreed to a one-year contract with the Heat, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports. Andersen will make between $1,399,507 (the minimum salary for a player with at least 10 year’s experience) and $3,183,000 (the taxpayer mid-level exception).
Obviously, the less Andersen makes, the more Miami has to spend on other free agents. Andersen fit extremely well with the Heat, and that’s part of the reason he wanted to return all along, but they also have another needs.
Now that they’ve locked up Andersen, the Heat can move onto adding a large center and maybe a point guard.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 1
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14