Jul 8, 2013, 12:30 AM EDT
Victor Oladipo was the second overall pick in this year’s draft, and looked every bit the part during his Summer League debut for the Magic.
Oladipo spent most of his time playing the point guard position as promised, and looked comfortable there initiating the offense. While he made a few poor decisions with his passes, his speed in getting to the rim and his ability to pull up off the dribble and knock down shots from three-point distance were certainly encouraging signs.
Oladipo was 5-of-13 from the field with six turnovers, but was aggressive in looking for his offense, and was able to get to the free throw line a team-high eight times. He finished with a solid all-around line of 18 points, six rebounds, seven assists, and five steals.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 5
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 9
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4