Jul 8, 2013, 12:30 AM EST
Victor Oladipo was the second overall pick in this year’s draft, and looked every bit the part during his Summer League debut for the Magic.
Oladipo spent most of his time playing the point guard position as promised, and looked comfortable there initiating the offense. While he made a few poor decisions with his passes, his speed in getting to the rim and his ability to pull up off the dribble and knock down shots from three-point distance were certainly encouraging signs.
Oladipo was 5-of-13 from the field with six turnovers, but was aggressive in looking for his offense, and was able to get to the free throw line a team-high eight times. He finished with a solid all-around line of 18 points, six rebounds, seven assists, and five steals.
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 0
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 3
- Spurs get a little revenge, along with season’s signature win in takedown of Heat 21
- Suns’ rookie Alex Len takes to court with #prayforukraine on shoes 18
- Paul George wants LeBron James to be his mentor 41