Jul 8, 2013, 12:30 AM EDT
Victor Oladipo was the second overall pick in this year’s draft, and looked every bit the part during his Summer League debut for the Magic.
Oladipo spent most of his time playing the point guard position as promised, and looked comfortable there initiating the offense. While he made a few poor decisions with his passes, his speed in getting to the rim and his ability to pull up off the dribble and knock down shots from three-point distance were certainly encouraging signs.
Oladipo was 5-of-13 from the field with six turnovers, but was aggressive in looking for his offense, and was able to get to the free throw line a team-high eight times. He finished with a solid all-around line of 18 points, six rebounds, seven assists, and five steals.
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 14
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 55
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 9
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 30
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 73