Jul 8, 2013, 12:30 AM EDT
Victor Oladipo was the second overall pick in this year’s draft, and looked every bit the part during his Summer League debut for the Magic.
Oladipo spent most of his time playing the point guard position as promised, and looked comfortable there initiating the offense. While he made a few poor decisions with his passes, his speed in getting to the rim and his ability to pull up off the dribble and knock down shots from three-point distance were certainly encouraging signs.
Oladipo was 5-of-13 from the field with six turnovers, but was aggressive in looking for his offense, and was able to get to the free throw line a team-high eight times. He finished with a solid all-around line of 18 points, six rebounds, seven assists, and five steals.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 6
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10