Jul 8, 2013, 12:30 AM EST
Victor Oladipo was the second overall pick in this year’s draft, and looked every bit the part during his Summer League debut for the Magic.
Oladipo spent most of his time playing the point guard position as promised, and looked comfortable there initiating the offense. While he made a few poor decisions with his passes, his speed in getting to the rim and his ability to pull up off the dribble and knock down shots from three-point distance were certainly encouraging signs.
Oladipo was 5-of-13 from the field with six turnovers, but was aggressive in looking for his offense, and was able to get to the free throw line a team-high eight times. He finished with a solid all-around line of 18 points, six rebounds, seven assists, and five steals.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 6
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 11
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13