Jul 8, 2013, 4:49 PM EDT
Antawn Jamison was frustrated last season with the way he was used — and often not used — in the Lakers constantly-changing rotations.
But the 37-year-old also showed he could still shoot the rock — 36 percent from three, 46 percent overall. He can contribute to a team in a limited role.
And that team may be the other one in Los Angeles, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
Free agent Antawn Jamison and the Clippers are making progress in talks on a one-year contract, league sources tell Y! Sports. No deal yet.—
Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 08, 2013
The Clippers are choosing between Lamar Odom and Jamison for that final big off the bench role.
I can see Jamison and his floor-spacing shooting fitting in with the Clippers, both on the pick-and-roll and running to the arc in transition with the Clippers second unit. For one year at the veteran minimum this would be a good fit.
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 6
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 8
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 28
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 25
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 26