Jul 8, 2013, 6:22 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like basketball junkies love Summer League….
• Paul Pierce seems to be enjoying himself in Vegas, where he was part of the World Series of Poker.
• Chris Bosh is headed to India to represent the NBA. The Heat’s star big man will travel to Mumbai, India from July 16-19 to conduct a variety of events to grown the NBA brand in one of the world’s emerging markets. He’s part of a long list, he is the 22nd NBA or WNBA player or legend to travel to India since 2006.
“I am excited for the chance to visit India and help build interest in the game I love,” said Bosh in a released statement. “The NBA is a global game and I hear that basketball is becoming pretty popular over there so I am looking forward to teaching kids that may end up in our league one day.”
• Former NBA referee Hue Hollins, who had a 27-year career that included refereeing 19 NBA finals games, has died at the age of 70.
• Jordan Farmar has worked out for a number of NBA teams, hoping to land a spot on a roster again.
• New Bobcats coach Steve Clifford hinted he wants to get Michael Kidd-Gilchrist shots closer to the rim this season, not asking him to use his jumper. Which is smart, that thing is ugly. Hopefully Mark Price and some reps can fix it eventually.
• Philadelphia has acquired Royce White from the Rockets but don’t be shocked if they treat him like an expiring contract.
• You might say teams are tanking, but people around the league see it as rebuilding. There’s a difference.
• Damian Lillard is on the Blazers’ Summer League roster, but only so he can practice and work out with the team. He will not play in any games.
• Kemba Walker is considering the same thing as Lillard.
• In case you missed it, Earl Watson agreed to a deal to be a backup point guard with the Trail Blazers.
• Led by Marcus Smart and Louisville-bound Montrezl Harrell, Team USA went undefeated (9-0) and claimed the FIBA under-19 World Championships.
Oct 1, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
Kobe takes championship-or-bust mentality
Oct 1, 2014, 10:20 PM EDT
George wants to re-join the Pacers for the playoffs
Oct 1, 2014, 9:25 PM EDT
Thunder forward says he doesn’t (unless he’s joking like Kevin Martin)
Oct 1, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Get fouled on a missed 2-pointer – one free throw worth two points
Get fouled on a missed 3-pointer – one free throw worth three points
Oct 1, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
OK, what did I get wrong?
Oct 1, 2014, 6:40 PM EDT
Two young players trying to prove to new coaches they deserved minutes. This is a real setback for both.
Oct 1, 2014, 5:50 PM EDT
The show is on Disney XD. I suppose there are worse things your child could watch.
Man sues Madison Square Garden saying he was ejected from Knicks game for saying “Carmelo, you stink”
Oct 1, 2014, 5:01 PM EDT
A Madison Square Garden spokesman called the lawsuit “frivolous.”
Oct 1, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
Dirk loves him some Hoff.
Oct 1, 2014, 3:40 PM EDT
Thing is, Rodman fit the triangle and what Jackson wants to do with a team. Smith…. not so much.
Oct 1, 2014, 3:01 PM EDT
Monroe had a busy offseason in terms of appearances in the NBA’s news cycle.
Oct 1, 2014, 2:21 PM EDT
LeBron is taking on a leadership role early in his second stint in Cleveland.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:41 PM EDT
Broken hand is supposed to sideline Rondo for 6-8 weeks.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
I list my personal picks for top five backcourts.
Oct 1, 2014, 12:21 PM EDT
Second round pick foregoing additional guaranteed dollars in order to bet on himself.
Oct 1, 2014, 11:39 AM EDT
Reminder not to believe everything you read, especially if it’s attributed to ‘a source.’
Oct 1, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Cousins was tied for the league lead with 16 last season.
Oct 1, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
The new-look Hornets, with Lance Stephenson in tow, are hoping to build on a playoff run and a promising young core.
Oct 1, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Kobe wants to shake the rust off before the games count for real later this month.
Oct 1, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Good of you to ask, but it’s not that simple.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 4
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 8
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5