Jul 8, 2013, 6:22 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like basketball junkies love Summer League….
• Paul Pierce seems to be enjoying himself in Vegas, where he was part of the World Series of Poker.
• Chris Bosh is headed to India to represent the NBA. The Heat’s star big man will travel to Mumbai, India from July 16-19 to conduct a variety of events to grown the NBA brand in one of the world’s emerging markets. He’s part of a long list, he is the 22nd NBA or WNBA player or legend to travel to India since 2006.
“I am excited for the chance to visit India and help build interest in the game I love,” said Bosh in a released statement. “The NBA is a global game and I hear that basketball is becoming pretty popular over there so I am looking forward to teaching kids that may end up in our league one day.”
• Former NBA referee Hue Hollins, who had a 27-year career that included refereeing 19 NBA finals games, has died at the age of 70.
• Jordan Farmar has worked out for a number of NBA teams, hoping to land a spot on a roster again.
• New Bobcats coach Steve Clifford hinted he wants to get Michael Kidd-Gilchrist shots closer to the rim this season, not asking him to use his jumper. Which is smart, that thing is ugly. Hopefully Mark Price and some reps can fix it eventually.
• Philadelphia has acquired Royce White from the Rockets but don’t be shocked if they treat him like an expiring contract.
• You might say teams are tanking, but people around the league see it as rebuilding. There’s a difference.
• Damian Lillard is on the Blazers’ Summer League roster, but only so he can practice and work out with the team. He will not play in any games.
• Kemba Walker is considering the same thing as Lillard.
• In case you missed it, Earl Watson agreed to a deal to be a backup point guard with the Trail Blazers.
• Led by Marcus Smart and Louisville-bound Montrezl Harrell, Team USA went undefeated (9-0) and claimed the FIBA under-19 World Championships.
Apr 28, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Houston needs to make adjustments to the new Dallas starting lineup.
Apr 28, 2015, 2:13 AM EDT
Without Mike Conley to check him Damian Lillard ran free.
Apr 28, 2015, 1:14 AM EDT
D-Will tied his career playoff high with this.
Apr 27, 2015, 11:23 PM EDT
Michael Carter-Williams and Khris Middleton combined for 43 points.
Apr 27, 2015, 9:56 PM EDT
Series is now tied at 2-2.
Apr 27, 2015, 9:01 PM EDT
Washington’s averaged defender distance to the Toronto shooter was 3.55 feet, the closest defense any team played in the first round of the playoffs.
Apr 27, 2015, 7:58 PM EDT
The doctor will decide if microfracture is needed while doing a scope.
Apr 27, 2015, 7:17 PM EDT
The Cavs will be without two starters for the first two games of next round.
Apr 27, 2015, 6:59 PM EDT
Davis was +35 when playing while Green sat, -55 while Green was on the court at the same time.
Apr 27, 2015, 6:22 PM EDT
He would have been key against the Bulls to help space the floor.
Apr 27, 2015, 5:45 PM EDT
Olynyk finds common ground with Clevelanders
Apr 27, 2015, 4:59 PM EDT
Stats show Boston defended LeBron well, he just hit the shots anyway.
Apr 27, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
I say Smith should get at least three games.
Apr 27, 2015, 3:44 PM EDT
They need the swelling to go down to get a sense of his return,
Apr 27, 2015, 3:07 PM EDT
Preview socks for the Cavaliers, Heat, Spurs and Warriors
Apr 27, 2015, 2:29 PM EDT
Cavaliers gave him a chance to wait by sweeping Celtics
Apr 27, 2015, 1:49 PM EDT
Rockets lost closeout game to Dallas
Apr 27, 2015, 1:12 PM EDT
Wallace owed more than $10 million next season
Apr 27, 2015, 12:26 PM EDT
What does Walker’s cratered draft stock say about Billy Donovan?
Apr 27, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
If that was their plan, they executed it well
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 0
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 4
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 13
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 6
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 40
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6