Jul 8, 2013, 6:22 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like basketball junkies love Summer League….
• Paul Pierce seems to be enjoying himself in Vegas, where he was part of the World Series of Poker.
• Chris Bosh is headed to India to represent the NBA. The Heat’s star big man will travel to Mumbai, India from July 16-19 to conduct a variety of events to grown the NBA brand in one of the world’s emerging markets. He’s part of a long list, he is the 22nd NBA or WNBA player or legend to travel to India since 2006.
“I am excited for the chance to visit India and help build interest in the game I love,” said Bosh in a released statement. “The NBA is a global game and I hear that basketball is becoming pretty popular over there so I am looking forward to teaching kids that may end up in our league one day.”
• Former NBA referee Hue Hollins, who had a 27-year career that included refereeing 19 NBA finals games, has died at the age of 70.
• Jordan Farmar has worked out for a number of NBA teams, hoping to land a spot on a roster again.
• New Bobcats coach Steve Clifford hinted he wants to get Michael Kidd-Gilchrist shots closer to the rim this season, not asking him to use his jumper. Which is smart, that thing is ugly. Hopefully Mark Price and some reps can fix it eventually.
• Philadelphia has acquired Royce White from the Rockets but don’t be shocked if they treat him like an expiring contract.
• You might say teams are tanking, but people around the league see it as rebuilding. There’s a difference.
• Damian Lillard is on the Blazers’ Summer League roster, but only so he can practice and work out with the team. He will not play in any games.
• Kemba Walker is considering the same thing as Lillard.
• In case you missed it, Earl Watson agreed to a deal to be a backup point guard with the Trail Blazers.
• Led by Marcus Smart and Louisville-bound Montrezl Harrell, Team USA went undefeated (9-0) and claimed the FIBA under-19 World Championships.
Jul 22, 2014, 6:02 PM EDT
He’s going to get some of Paul Pierce’s minutes.
Jul 22, 2014, 5:11 PM EDT
Adam Silver does the classy thing. Again.
Jul 22, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
Evan Turner is now a reclamation project — if he wants to get paid he has to become more efficient.
Jul 22, 2014, 3:38 PM EDT
It means the Timberwolves want to send Kevin Martin out in the Love deal, Cavs trying to make that happen.
Jul 22, 2014, 2:46 PM EDT
Once signed, he can’t be traded for 30 days … to the Timberwolves, for example.
Jul 22, 2014, 2:04 PM EDT
Taj Gibson and Jimmy Butler would reportedly be sent to Minnesota.
Jul 22, 2014, 1:42 PM EDT
Blake Griffin, James Harden, Kawhi Leonard and Damian Liillard among players who would face fines if they participated in a planned exhibition in Manila.
High school standout Emmanuel Mudiay skips college for China payday. You’ll see more of this if age limit goes up.
Jul 22, 2014, 1:01 PM EDT
If the age limit jumps to 20 more players will choose getting paid over college.
Jul 22, 2014, 12:27 PM EDT
Wizards take a more subtle approach than some of the others we’ve seen.
Jul 22, 2014, 11:49 AM EDT
Rookies Doug McDermott and Marcus Smart make the cut to train with the National Team in Vegas.
Jul 22, 2014, 11:13 AM EDT
Vujacic is known for his time with the Lakers, and hasn’t played meaningful minutes since 2011.
Jul 22, 2014, 10:37 AM EDT
Kings go nuts after winning Summer League championship.
Jul 22, 2014, 9:59 AM EDT
Restricted free agent remains unsigned.
Jul 22, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
Seattle won 1979 title before team moved to Oklahoma City
Jul 22, 2014, 8:42 AM EDT
The list includes Gorgui Dieng and Donatas Montiejunas.
Jul 22, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Carter denies LeBron’s advisors forced him back to Cleveland
Jul 22, 2014, 1:24 AM EDT
Ray McCallum dropped 29 and even threw in a Jordan shrug.
Jul 22, 2014, 12:01 AM EDT
Would you rather have Harrison Barnes or Draymond Green?
Jul 21, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Hummel gets second NBA deal after spending season in Spain
Jul 21, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
Former Colorado point guard out with ACL tear
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 36
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 62
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 33
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 76