Jul 8, 2013, 6:22 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like basketball junkies love Summer League….
• Paul Pierce seems to be enjoying himself in Vegas, where he was part of the World Series of Poker.
• Chris Bosh is headed to India to represent the NBA. The Heat’s star big man will travel to Mumbai, India from July 16-19 to conduct a variety of events to grown the NBA brand in one of the world’s emerging markets. He’s part of a long list, he is the 22nd NBA or WNBA player or legend to travel to India since 2006.
“I am excited for the chance to visit India and help build interest in the game I love,” said Bosh in a released statement. “The NBA is a global game and I hear that basketball is becoming pretty popular over there so I am looking forward to teaching kids that may end up in our league one day.”
• Former NBA referee Hue Hollins, who had a 27-year career that included refereeing 19 NBA finals games, has died at the age of 70.
• Jordan Farmar has worked out for a number of NBA teams, hoping to land a spot on a roster again.
• New Bobcats coach Steve Clifford hinted he wants to get Michael Kidd-Gilchrist shots closer to the rim this season, not asking him to use his jumper. Which is smart, that thing is ugly. Hopefully Mark Price and some reps can fix it eventually.
• Philadelphia has acquired Royce White from the Rockets but don’t be shocked if they treat him like an expiring contract.
• You might say teams are tanking, but people around the league see it as rebuilding. There’s a difference.
• Damian Lillard is on the Blazers’ Summer League roster, but only so he can practice and work out with the team. He will not play in any games.
• Kemba Walker is considering the same thing as Lillard.
• In case you missed it, Earl Watson agreed to a deal to be a backup point guard with the Trail Blazers.
• Led by Marcus Smart and Louisville-bound Montrezl Harrell, Team USA went undefeated (9-0) and claimed the FIBA under-19 World Championships.
Jul 5, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
How will Blazers fans react when Aldridge returns?
Jul 5, 2015, 3:12 AM EDT
Quality pickup by the Kings.
Jul 5, 2015, 12:14 AM EDT
Phil Jackson gets a gold star for this move.
Jul 4, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
McRae was the 58th overall pick in the 2014 draft, and is a member of Philadelphia’s Summer League squad.
Jul 4, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
Nice addition by Orlando.
Jul 4, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
He would have to take a paycut, but Dallas needs help at the point.
Jul 4, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
The Spurs are going to just keep going on, being the San Antonio Spurs
Jul 4, 2015, 5:01 PM EDT
Jul 4, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
Bargain for Toronto — as long as the Raptors aren’t expecting any offense.
Jul 4, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
The LaMarcus Aldridge Effect
Jul 4, 2015, 12:21 PM EDT
Biggest name left in free agency will make San Antonio a powerhouse.
Jul 4, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
Cuban believes Jordan can average 20 points, 20 rebounds per game.
Jul 4, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
Fits with West’s desire to play for a contender, but he’d have to take very little money to sign there.
Jul 4, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
The Clippers went small the final five minutes of Game 7 against the Spurs, and it worked.
Jul 4, 2015, 12:33 AM EDT
At this price, it’s a fair pickup for New Yor, giving hem another role player.
Jul 3, 2015, 11:03 PM EDT
Hopefully Scott Skiles will play Harris this time.
Jul 3, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Curry is just that good.
Jul 3, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
A big reason Jordan left L.A. to sign with the Mavericks.
Jul 3, 2015, 7:37 PM EDT
Beverley’s defense provides a perfect complement to James Harden.
Jul 3, 2015, 7:34 PM EDT
Rondo is not exactly going to space the floor for Cousins.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 14
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 40
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19