Jul 8, 2013, 6:22 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like basketball junkies love Summer League….
• Paul Pierce seems to be enjoying himself in Vegas, where he was part of the World Series of Poker.
• Chris Bosh is headed to India to represent the NBA. The Heat’s star big man will travel to Mumbai, India from July 16-19 to conduct a variety of events to grown the NBA brand in one of the world’s emerging markets. He’s part of a long list, he is the 22nd NBA or WNBA player or legend to travel to India since 2006.
“I am excited for the chance to visit India and help build interest in the game I love,” said Bosh in a released statement. “The NBA is a global game and I hear that basketball is becoming pretty popular over there so I am looking forward to teaching kids that may end up in our league one day.”
• Former NBA referee Hue Hollins, who had a 27-year career that included refereeing 19 NBA finals games, has died at the age of 70.
• Jordan Farmar has worked out for a number of NBA teams, hoping to land a spot on a roster again.
• New Bobcats coach Steve Clifford hinted he wants to get Michael Kidd-Gilchrist shots closer to the rim this season, not asking him to use his jumper. Which is smart, that thing is ugly. Hopefully Mark Price and some reps can fix it eventually.
• Philadelphia has acquired Royce White from the Rockets but don’t be shocked if they treat him like an expiring contract.
• You might say teams are tanking, but people around the league see it as rebuilding. There’s a difference.
• Damian Lillard is on the Blazers’ Summer League roster, but only so he can practice and work out with the team. He will not play in any games.
• Kemba Walker is considering the same thing as Lillard.
• In case you missed it, Earl Watson agreed to a deal to be a backup point guard with the Trail Blazers.
• Led by Marcus Smart and Louisville-bound Montrezl Harrell, Team USA went undefeated (9-0) and claimed the FIBA under-19 World Championships.
Dec 27, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
Just like Lance… and you really shouldn’t imitate Lance.
Dec 27, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
He’s done it twice in the last two games.
Dec 27, 2014, 8:02 PM EST
A sports hernia kept him out of training camp and the rookie has never caught up with the learning curve.
Dec 27, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
Stephenson has missed the last four games.
Dec 27, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
Will the Lakers’ offense resort to stagnation?
Dec 27, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
Anthony Davis has arrived.
Dec 27, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Stuckey says the trade robbed the locker room of accountability.
Dec 27, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
LeBron James was in “chill mode” and this team is vulnerable when he is.
Dec 27, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Hamstrings are tricky things.
Dec 27, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
This option was always on the table for him, people around the NBA just never thought he’d choose it.
Dec 27, 2014, 7:59 AM EST
He won’t be available until February or March, the Heat may not want to wait that long.
Dec 27, 2014, 12:45 AM EST
Lob City comes to Sacramento.
Dec 27, 2014, 12:02 AM EST
Moses Malone is up next.
Dec 26, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
Should have had a three-point opportunity, too.
Dec 26, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
He isn’t human.
Dec 26, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
Hopefully there are more of these and fewer threes.
Dec 26, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
Not good news for the Cavs’ frontcourt depth.
Dec 26, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
His body is still sore.
Dec 26, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
Teams are looking for any edge they can get.
Dec 26, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
The no-trade worked out quite well for Toronto.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 10
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 8
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8