Jul 8, 2013, 6:22 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like basketball junkies love Summer League….
• Paul Pierce seems to be enjoying himself in Vegas, where he was part of the World Series of Poker.
• Chris Bosh is headed to India to represent the NBA. The Heat’s star big man will travel to Mumbai, India from July 16-19 to conduct a variety of events to grown the NBA brand in one of the world’s emerging markets. He’s part of a long list, he is the 22nd NBA or WNBA player or legend to travel to India since 2006.
“I am excited for the chance to visit India and help build interest in the game I love,” said Bosh in a released statement. “The NBA is a global game and I hear that basketball is becoming pretty popular over there so I am looking forward to teaching kids that may end up in our league one day.”
• Former NBA referee Hue Hollins, who had a 27-year career that included refereeing 19 NBA finals games, has died at the age of 70.
• Jordan Farmar has worked out for a number of NBA teams, hoping to land a spot on a roster again.
• New Bobcats coach Steve Clifford hinted he wants to get Michael Kidd-Gilchrist shots closer to the rim this season, not asking him to use his jumper. Which is smart, that thing is ugly. Hopefully Mark Price and some reps can fix it eventually.
• Philadelphia has acquired Royce White from the Rockets but don’t be shocked if they treat him like an expiring contract.
• You might say teams are tanking, but people around the league see it as rebuilding. There’s a difference.
• Damian Lillard is on the Blazers’ Summer League roster, but only so he can practice and work out with the team. He will not play in any games.
• Kemba Walker is considering the same thing as Lillard.
• In case you missed it, Earl Watson agreed to a deal to be a backup point guard with the Trail Blazers.
• Led by Marcus Smart and Louisville-bound Montrezl Harrell, Team USA went undefeated (9-0) and claimed the FIBA under-19 World Championships.
Sep 2, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Raduljica deserves another NBA contract following adequate rookie year
Sep 2, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Mavericks hold draft rights to Finnish point guard who’s under contract with Russian team
Sep 2, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Derrick Rose, James Harden and Kenneth Faried appeared stunned by traditional pregame dance
Sep 2, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Golden State also announces signing of Aaron Craft, who previously reached deal
Sep 2, 2014, 6:36 PM EDT
Can’t blame a team for trying, I guess.
Sep 2, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
He will miss most and maybe all of training camp.
Sep 2, 2014, 4:59 PM EDT
I think the Warriors are pretty set at the guard spot, but he would had some toughness.
Sep 2, 2014, 4:13 PM EDT
When big men run the floor hard, good things happen.
Sep 2, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Ingles off to hot start in World Cup
Sep 2, 2014, 2:43 PM EDT
I mean, there’s always a chance.
Sep 2, 2014, 2:01 PM EDT
Team USA was supposed to be a perimeter-based team, but through three games the bigs are stealing the show.
Sep 2, 2014, 1:18 PM EDT
Greek Freak in action.
Sep 2, 2014, 12:39 PM EDT
Curry fired back on Twitter to someone who made a joke at the expense of his shoes.
Sep 2, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
Erik Spoelstra is changing things up a bit.
Sep 2, 2014, 11:18 AM EDT
Rose was originally penciled in as the starter, but Kyrie Irving has been more deserving thus far.
Sep 2, 2014, 10:37 AM EDT
This should make Bulls fans extremely happy.
Sep 2, 2014, 9:59 AM EDT
Cleveland, now with championship aspirations, may not feel the same way.
Sep 2, 2014, 9:22 AM EDT
Mozgov could play with LeBron James, for David Blatt (his Russian national team coach)
Sep 2, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
The young Pistons could use this kind of locker room leader.
Sep 2, 2014, 7:59 AM EDT
“I’ve played 18 years, and the way I look at my career, I’m content with everything that I’ve done. I just want to take this summer and see how it goes.” —Ray Allen
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 4
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 14
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 9
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 4
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19