Jul 8, 2013, 12:26 AM EDT
You knew if Kevin Durant was going to get married, that woman was going to have to love basketball.
Monica Wright, a guard with the WNBA’s Minnesota Lynx, confirmed to the Star Tribune Sunday night after a game that she and Durant are engaged. Gossip Web site MediaTakeOut.com had the news first. The couple reportedly has known each other since high school and they have been dating for several months.
They have some things in common, starting with they are both 24 years. Also both were taken No. 2 overall in their respective drafts — Wright was taken No. 2 by Lynx and this season she is averaging 9 points, 3.6 rebounds and 2.5 assists a game. Wright had a season high 19 points in Minnesota’s comfortable 91-59 win
Durant has three years left on his max extension with Oklahoma City (and signing with Jay-Z doesn’t mean he is bolting). She’s a Texas native, the same state where Durant went to college, hopefully she doesn’t mind living just a little north of there for a while.
We wish them all the best. Let us know where to send the blender as a gift.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 74
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20