Jul 8, 2013, 12:26 AM EDT
You knew if Kevin Durant was going to get married, that woman was going to have to love basketball.
Monica Wright, a guard with the WNBA’s Minnesota Lynx, confirmed to the Star Tribune Sunday night after a game that she and Durant are engaged. Gossip Web site MediaTakeOut.com had the news first. The couple reportedly has known each other since high school and they have been dating for several months.
They have some things in common, starting with they are both 24 years. Also both were taken No. 2 overall in their respective drafts — Wright was taken No. 2 by Lynx and this season she is averaging 9 points, 3.6 rebounds and 2.5 assists a game. Wright had a season high 19 points in Minnesota’s comfortable 91-59 win
Durant has three years left on his max extension with Oklahoma City (and signing with Jay-Z doesn’t mean he is bolting). She’s a Texas native, the same state where Durant went to college, hopefully she doesn’t mind living just a little north of there for a while.
We wish them all the best. Let us know where to send the blender as a gift.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17