Jul 7, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
The easy ones to point to that made the case against the Lakers were the age of Steve Nash, the questionable health of Kobe Bryant, and the fact that Howard never believed that the system run by Mike D’Antoni in Los Angeles was one that would maximize and/or showcase his talents.
But there were real factors in the plus column for Houston that also put the Rockets at the top of this list, and Rockets GM Daryl Morey breaks some of those down in the video clip above.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5