Jul 7, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
The easy ones to point to that made the case against the Lakers were the age of Steve Nash, the questionable health of Kobe Bryant, and the fact that Howard never believed that the system run by Mike D’Antoni in Los Angeles was one that would maximize and/or showcase his talents.
But there were real factors in the plus column for Houston that also put the Rockets at the top of this list, and Rockets GM Daryl Morey breaks some of those down in the video clip above.
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 1
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39