Jul 7, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
The easy ones to point to that made the case against the Lakers were the age of Steve Nash, the questionable health of Kobe Bryant, and the fact that Howard never believed that the system run by Mike D’Antoni in Los Angeles was one that would maximize and/or showcase his talents.
But there were real factors in the plus column for Houston that also put the Rockets at the top of this list, and Rockets GM Daryl Morey breaks some of those down in the video clip above.
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 1
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 6
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 3
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 7
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)