Jul 7, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
The easy ones to point to that made the case against the Lakers were the age of Steve Nash, the questionable health of Kobe Bryant, and the fact that Howard never believed that the system run by Mike D’Antoni in Los Angeles was one that would maximize and/or showcase his talents.
But there were real factors in the plus column for Houston that also put the Rockets at the top of this list, and Rockets GM Daryl Morey breaks some of those down in the video clip above.
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 21
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 34
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 26
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 56
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12