Jul 7, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
The NBA’s Summer League tipped off in Orlando on Sunday, where it will be held through July 12. Once that’s complete, the event shifts to a larger-scale operation in Las Vegas for 10 days from the 12th through the 22nd.
It’s our first chance to see this year’s draft picks in action, and the player selected by the Sixers with the 11th overall pick put together a solid performance in his first professional opportunity to do so.
Michael Carter-Williams had a few nice finishes like the one seen in the video clip above, and ended up with 26 points, seven rebounds, and eight assists.
At a shooting mark of 8-for-23, the field goal percentage wasn’t great, and he did finish the game with nine turnovers. But to be fair, the Rockets brought a much more experienced squad with guys like Patrick Beverley and Greg Smith logging substantial minutes, and their defense was swarming the entire game.
“I went in there with a lot of confidence,” Carter-Williams said of his pro debut, via CSNPhilly.com. “I try to do everything for my team to win but we came up short. It is a long process and a learning experience. I am going to take things from today and try and fix them for tomorrow.”
Summer League is about players getting a first chance to develop and adjust to the NBA style before the real games are played just a few months from now, and Carter-Williams definitely showed some signs in his debut for the Sixers.
All Summer League games played in both Orlando and Las Vegas can be streamed live through NBA.com.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 3
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 0
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 26
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 35
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9