Jul 5, 2013, 12:12 PM EST
Let us for a second ignore the elephant in the room — that the Boston Celtics very well may trade Rajon Rondo. We all know that could well happen.
That despite the report from our own A. Sherod Blakely of CSNNE.com that Celtics co-owner Wyc Grousbeck said he wants to rebuild with newly hired coach Brad Stevens and Rondo. That’s what he’s supposed to say.
What matters is despite reports questioning if Stevens and Rondo can co-exist both say they could work well together.
The two have already spoken and during his introductory press conference Friday Stevens was clear he’d like to coach Rondo.
“There is no bigger fan of Rajon Rondo than me,” Stevens said.
Well a source close to Rondo who has talked with the guard since the Stevens hiring said Rondo is looking at the move with a “completely open mind.”
They are going into this with an open mind. But Rondo has admitted he is difficult to coach and Stevens is going from a mid-major college where he had all the power to an NBA system where the stars have the power. This is certainly a situation worth monitoring.
But the two sides started out saying the right things.
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 9
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 43
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 21
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4
- Report: Chris Mullin doesn’t want to jump in mid-season to coach Kings 3