Jul 5, 2013, 9:00 PM EST
Philadelphia will receive the draft rights to international prospect Furkan Aldemir and cash in addition to White, while the Rockets will clear White’s $1.7 million from the books in exchange for “future draft considerations.”
White didn’t play at all last season for the Rockets, and was very open publicly about an anxiety disorder which prevents him from flying at times, among other things.
Houston suspended White at one point last season for failing to report, but eventually convinced him to play in the D-League where he ended up averaging 11.4 points and 5.7 rebounds in 16 games with the Rio Grande Valley Vipers.
If you’re wondering why the Sixers would bother taking a risk on White, the reason is that there’s a Houston connection in the Philadelphia front office.
The new GM of the Sixers, Sam Hinkie, came from the Rockets, where he was the executive VP of basketball operations prior to getting the gig in Philly. He likely was involved in the choice to draft White, and believes there’s still hope for him with a new team to contribute at the NBA level.
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 0
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 10
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 47
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12