Jul 5, 2013, 4:48 PM EDT
The Clippers look like a deep team that just keeps getting deeper. You know that puts a smile on Doc Rivers face.
Matt Barnes is going to return to the Clippers with a three-year, $11-12 million deal (total), reports Marc Spears at Yahoo Sports.
Barnes averaged 10.6 points a game in just less than 26 minutes a game for the Clippers last season. Barnes is dangerous in transition and in an up-tempo game, but is less of a threat in the half-court as he shot 34.2 percent from three (below the league average) and 37.5 percent from the midrange.
However, he can defend and has an all-around game that has value off the bench in a limited role. Which is what he will have with the Clippers backing up Jared Dudley (who is a bigger, better jack-of-all-trades kind of player).
This is a solid pickup for the clippers at a fair price.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 11
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 5
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7