Jul 5, 2013, 4:48 PM EDT
The Clippers look like a deep team that just keeps getting deeper. You know that puts a smile on Doc Rivers face.
Matt Barnes is going to return to the Clippers with a three-year, $11-12 million deal (total), reports Marc Spears at Yahoo Sports.
Barnes averaged 10.6 points a game in just less than 26 minutes a game for the Clippers last season. Barnes is dangerous in transition and in an up-tempo game, but is less of a threat in the half-court as he shot 34.2 percent from three (below the league average) and 37.5 percent from the midrange.
However, he can defend and has an all-around game that has value off the bench in a limited role. Which is what he will have with the Clippers backing up Jared Dudley (who is a bigger, better jack-of-all-trades kind of player).
This is a solid pickup for the clippers at a fair price.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4