Jul 5, 2013, 4:48 PM EDT
The Clippers look like a deep team that just keeps getting deeper. You know that puts a smile on Doc Rivers face.
Matt Barnes is going to return to the Clippers with a three-year, $11-12 million deal (total), reports Marc Spears at Yahoo Sports.
Barnes averaged 10.6 points a game in just less than 26 minutes a game for the Clippers last season. Barnes is dangerous in transition and in an up-tempo game, but is less of a threat in the half-court as he shot 34.2 percent from three (below the league average) and 37.5 percent from the midrange.
However, he can defend and has an all-around game that has value off the bench in a limited role. Which is what he will have with the Clippers backing up Jared Dudley (who is a bigger, better jack-of-all-trades kind of player).
This is a solid pickup for the clippers at a fair price.
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 4
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8