Jul 5, 2013, 4:48 PM EDT
The Clippers look like a deep team that just keeps getting deeper. You know that puts a smile on Doc Rivers face.
Matt Barnes is going to return to the Clippers with a three-year, $11-12 million deal (total), reports Marc Spears at Yahoo Sports.
Barnes averaged 10.6 points a game in just less than 26 minutes a game for the Clippers last season. Barnes is dangerous in transition and in an up-tempo game, but is less of a threat in the half-court as he shot 34.2 percent from three (below the league average) and 37.5 percent from the midrange.
However, he can defend and has an all-around game that has value off the bench in a limited role. Which is what he will have with the Clippers backing up Jared Dudley (who is a bigger, better jack-of-all-trades kind of player).
This is a solid pickup for the clippers at a fair price.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 21
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25