Jul 5, 2013, 4:48 PM EDT
The Clippers look like a deep team that just keeps getting deeper. You know that puts a smile on Doc Rivers face.
Matt Barnes is going to return to the Clippers with a three-year, $11-12 million deal (total), reports Marc Spears at Yahoo Sports.
Barnes averaged 10.6 points a game in just less than 26 minutes a game for the Clippers last season. Barnes is dangerous in transition and in an up-tempo game, but is less of a threat in the half-court as he shot 34.2 percent from three (below the league average) and 37.5 percent from the midrange.
However, he can defend and has an all-around game that has value off the bench in a limited role. Which is what he will have with the Clippers backing up Jared Dudley (who is a bigger, better jack-of-all-trades kind of player).
This is a solid pickup for the clippers at a fair price.
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 5
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 9
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 22
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 3
- Pacers’ troubles continue as Hawks convincingly win Game 1 32