Jul 5, 2013, 5:07 PM EDT
But McRoberts liked what he got in Charlotte — a starting role and nearly double the minutes. It showed on the court as he averaged what would be career highs of 9.3 points and 7.2 rebounds a game. He played solid ball in those minutes.
Not surprisingly he said he wanted to come back if the money could be worked out. It has been, reports Marc Spears on twitter.
McRoberts will get minutes in Charlotte next to just acquired Al Jefferson — they make a hard working if not physically intimidating front line. It will be interesting to see who works out better next to Jefferson, McRoberts or Bismack Biyombo. Because Biyombo would provide the shot blocking and rim protection you need next to Jefferson, who can score plenty.
Either way, at this price McRoberts is a good value who can be solid for Charlotte off the bench.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 0
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 1
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 19
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 26
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4