Jul 5, 2013, 5:07 PM EDT
But McRoberts liked what he got in Charlotte — a starting role and nearly double the minutes. It showed on the court as he averaged what would be career highs of 9.3 points and 7.2 rebounds a game. He played solid ball in those minutes.
Not surprisingly he said he wanted to come back if the money could be worked out. It has been, reports Marc Spears on twitter.
McRoberts will get minutes in Charlotte next to just acquired Al Jefferson — they make a hard working if not physically intimidating front line. It will be interesting to see who works out better next to Jefferson, McRoberts or Bismack Biyombo. Because Biyombo would provide the shot blocking and rim protection you need next to Jefferson, who can score plenty.
Either way, at this price McRoberts is a good value who can be solid for Charlotte off the bench.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 11
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 37
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 49
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 17
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11