Jul 5, 2013, 5:07 PM EDT
But McRoberts liked what he got in Charlotte — a starting role and nearly double the minutes. It showed on the court as he averaged what would be career highs of 9.3 points and 7.2 rebounds a game. He played solid ball in those minutes.
Not surprisingly he said he wanted to come back if the money could be worked out. It has been, reports Marc Spears on twitter.
Bobcats forward Josh McRoberts agrees to re-sign with two-year, $6 million contract with a players option in 2nd year,source tells Y! Sports—
Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) July 05, 2013
McRoberts will get minutes in Charlotte next to just acquired Al Jefferson — they make a hard working if not physically intimidating front line. It will be interesting to see who works out better next to Jefferson, McRoberts or Bismack Biyombo. Because Biyombo would provide the shot blocking and rim protection you need next to Jefferson, who can score plenty.
Either way, at this price McRoberts is a good value who can be solid for Charlotte off the bench.
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 0
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 11
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 66
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14
- Report: Knicks open to trading Iman Shumpert or J.R. Smith 29
- Top seven free agents still on the market 49