Jul 5, 2013, 5:07 PM EDT
But McRoberts liked what he got in Charlotte — a starting role and nearly double the minutes. It showed on the court as he averaged what would be career highs of 9.3 points and 7.2 rebounds a game. He played solid ball in those minutes.
Not surprisingly he said he wanted to come back if the money could be worked out. It has been, reports Marc Spears on twitter.
McRoberts will get minutes in Charlotte next to just acquired Al Jefferson — they make a hard working if not physically intimidating front line. It will be interesting to see who works out better next to Jefferson, McRoberts or Bismack Biyombo. Because Biyombo would provide the shot blocking and rim protection you need next to Jefferson, who can score plenty.
Either way, at this price McRoberts is a good value who can be solid for Charlotte off the bench.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 10
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 43
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11