Jul 5, 2013, 5:07 PM EDT
But McRoberts liked what he got in Charlotte — a starting role and nearly double the minutes. It showed on the court as he averaged what would be career highs of 9.3 points and 7.2 rebounds a game. He played solid ball in those minutes.
Not surprisingly he said he wanted to come back if the money could be worked out. It has been, reports Marc Spears on twitter.
McRoberts will get minutes in Charlotte next to just acquired Al Jefferson — they make a hard working if not physically intimidating front line. It will be interesting to see who works out better next to Jefferson, McRoberts or Bismack Biyombo. Because Biyombo would provide the shot blocking and rim protection you need next to Jefferson, who can score plenty.
Either way, at this price McRoberts is a good value who can be solid for Charlotte off the bench.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 10
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 7
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 17
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15