Jul 5, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Brandon Knight is the starting point guard in Detroit and that is not likely to change next season. But one of the Pistons’ goals of the off-season was to get some depth at the position.
They have a few targets, reports the Detroit News, from the realistic to bringing back some old friends.
Calderon is the best player on that list but he is also a long shot — remember he just rejected Sacramento because they are rebuilding, which is exactly what Detroit is doing.
Will Bynum was a Piston last season and has drawn interest from other teams as well as a backup point.
Billups is interesting in that he is a legendary former Piston — they don’t win a ring in 2004 without him playing at a Finals MVP level — but he is not young and is coming off an Achilles injury. He would be great in the locker room, would be loved by fans, but there are questions about what
There are other options out on the market as well, we’ll see which way the Pistons go.
- LeBron’s 30-point performance leads Cavaliers to hard-fought Game 2 win over Celtics 4
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Spurs look for ways to contain Chris Paul 3
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Can Memphis keep Damian Lillard in check? 0
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 12
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 9
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14