Jul 5, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Brandon Knight is the starting point guard in Detroit and that is not likely to change next season. But one of the Pistons’ goals of the off-season was to get some depth at the position.
They have a few targets, reports the Detroit News, from the realistic to bringing back some old friends.
Calderon is the best player on that list but he is also a long shot — remember he just rejected Sacramento because they are rebuilding, which is exactly what Detroit is doing.
Will Bynum was a Piston last season and has drawn interest from other teams as well as a backup point.
Billups is interesting in that he is a legendary former Piston — they don’t win a ring in 2004 without him playing at a Finals MVP level — but he is not young and is coming off an Achilles injury. He would be great in the locker room, would be loved by fans, but there are questions about what
There are other options out on the market as well, we’ll see which way the Pistons go.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 0
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 10
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 12
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 12
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36