Jul 5, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Brandon Knight is the starting point guard in Detroit and that is not likely to change next season. But one of the Pistons’ goals of the off-season was to get some depth at the position.
They have a few targets, reports the Detroit News, from the realistic to bringing back some old friends.
Calderon is the best player on that list but he is also a long shot — remember he just rejected Sacramento because they are rebuilding, which is exactly what Detroit is doing.
Will Bynum was a Piston last season and has drawn interest from other teams as well as a backup point.
Billups is interesting in that he is a legendary former Piston — they don’t win a ring in 2004 without him playing at a Finals MVP level — but he is not young and is coming off an Achilles injury. He would be great in the locker room, would be loved by fans, but there are questions about what
There are other options out on the market as well, we’ll see which way the Pistons go.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 11
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 7
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 6
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10