Jul 5, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Brandon Knight is the starting point guard in Detroit and that is not likely to change next season. But one of the Pistons’ goals of the off-season was to get some depth at the position.
They have a few targets, reports the Detroit News, from the realistic to bringing back some old friends.
Calderon is the best player on that list but he is also a long shot — remember he just rejected Sacramento because they are rebuilding, which is exactly what Detroit is doing.
Will Bynum was a Piston last season and has drawn interest from other teams as well as a backup point.
Billups is interesting in that he is a legendary former Piston — they don’t win a ring in 2004 without him playing at a Finals MVP level — but he is not young and is coming off an Achilles injury. He would be great in the locker room, would be loved by fans, but there are questions about what
There are other options out on the market as well, we’ll see which way the Pistons go.
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 0
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 10
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 6
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 38
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 15