Jul 5, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
Brandon Knight is the starting point guard in Detroit and that is not likely to change next season. But one of the Pistons’ goals of the off-season was to get some depth at the position.
They have a few targets, reports the Detroit News, from the realistic to bringing back some old friends.
Calderon is the best player on that list but he is also a long shot — remember he just rejected Sacramento because they are rebuilding, which is exactly what Detroit is doing.
Will Bynum was a Piston last season and has drawn interest from other teams as well as a backup point.
Billups is interesting in that he is a legendary former Piston — they don’t win a ring in 2004 without him playing at a Finals MVP level — but he is not young and is coming off an Achilles injury. He would be great in the locker room, would be loved by fans, but there are questions about what
There are other options out on the market as well, we’ll see which way the Pistons go.
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 13
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 40
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 7
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31