Lakers release statement saying they’ve been informed of Dwight Howard’s decision to join the Rockets
Jul 5, 2013, 10:42 PM EST
Now, it’s over.
Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak issued the following statement via the team’s website:
“We have been informed of Dwight’s decision to not return to the Lakers. Naturally we’re disappointed. However, we will now move forward in a different direction with the future of the franchise and, as always, will do our best to build the best team possible, one our great lakers fans will be proud to support. To Dwight, we thank him for his time and consideration, and for his efforts with us last season. We wish him the best of luck on the remainder of his NBA career.”
The reports that had Howard waffling on the earlier decision were obviously false, and the plan all along seemed to be for Dwight to meet with the Lakers one last time to inform them personally of his final choice.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10