Jul 5, 2013, 2:31 PM EST
That sent twitter buzzing… so then this happened.
Whether or not this was Howard’s fault, the legend of his indecisiveness — and how that draws attention to him — continues to grow.
Meanwhile, most of the basketball world is sick of waiting for him to make up his mind. Also sick are a whole lot of free agents whose potential next deal is held up as Howard makes his decision (teams are holding cap space for him they will otherwise fill).
Janice Carr of the Orange County Register did something other media members have not been able to yet — talk to Dwight Howard. Not that it cleared anything up.
Announcing his choice on twitter is the low-key way to do it, although what Howard should have done is just made the tweet when he was ready, not tell a media member he is going to tweet his announcement. “Hey, follow me closely for the next 48-72 hours!”
But it’s Howard, so what did you expect?
Carr said she got no hints about what he did choose. The buzz right now is that the Rockets are the frontrunners but after that signs are confusing — the Lakers are in or out, Golden State wants in but can’t figure out a deal, Mark Cuban should never be discounted. The Hawks are pretty much toast, but that’s about all we know.
But with Howard, nothing is certain until he puts pen to paper.
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 1
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 7
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 24