Jul 5, 2013, 3:25 PM EDT
The book is obviously still out on Brad Stevens the NBA coach, but Brad Stevens the guy at his introductory press conference is pretty impressive.
Above is the video from Steven’s press conference introducing him as the new Celtics head coach, with plenty of Danny Ainge talking about the move as well.
Here are a couple highlights:
Stevens on Rajon Rondo: “There is no bigger fan of Rajon Rondo than me,” Stevens said. “The way he plays, his instincts, his way to make other people better, he sees plays ahead of the play, he’s an incredibly talented person and everyone I’ve talked to has raved about how intellectual he is.”
Celtics GM Danny Ainge on Stevens: “Brad was my first choice. I have watched and admired his poise, his intelligence. His teams, their effort, their execution under pressure. And I’ve always looked at him the last few years as a guy that was a great candidate to be a head coach, never really thinking that it was going to be this soon in Celtic history, but was a guy that I had targeted for a long time as a potential great coach.”
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30