Jul 5, 2013, 3:25 PM EDT
The book is obviously still out on Brad Stevens the NBA coach, but Brad Stevens the guy at his introductory press conference is pretty impressive.
Above is the video from Steven’s press conference introducing him as the new Celtics head coach, with plenty of Danny Ainge talking about the move as well.
Here are a couple highlights:
Stevens on Rajon Rondo: “There is no bigger fan of Rajon Rondo than me,” Stevens said. “The way he plays, his instincts, his way to make other people better, he sees plays ahead of the play, he’s an incredibly talented person and everyone I’ve talked to has raved about how intellectual he is.”
Celtics GM Danny Ainge on Stevens: “Brad was my first choice. I have watched and admired his poise, his intelligence. His teams, their effort, their execution under pressure. And I’ve always looked at him the last few years as a guy that was a great candidate to be a head coach, never really thinking that it was going to be this soon in Celtic history, but was a guy that I had targeted for a long time as a potential great coach.”
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 20
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49