Jul 5, 2013, 3:25 PM EDT
The book is obviously still out on Brad Stevens the NBA coach, but Brad Stevens the guy at his introductory press conference is pretty impressive.
Above is the video from Steven’s press conference introducing him as the new Celtics head coach, with plenty of Danny Ainge talking about the move as well.
Here are a couple highlights:
Stevens on Rajon Rondo: “There is no bigger fan of Rajon Rondo than me,” Stevens said. “The way he plays, his instincts, his way to make other people better, he sees plays ahead of the play, he’s an incredibly talented person and everyone I’ve talked to has raved about how intellectual he is.”
Celtics GM Danny Ainge on Stevens: “Brad was my first choice. I have watched and admired his poise, his intelligence. His teams, their effort, their execution under pressure. And I’ve always looked at him the last few years as a guy that was a great candidate to be a head coach, never really thinking that it was going to be this soon in Celtic history, but was a guy that I had targeted for a long time as a potential great coach.”
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 0
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 15
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 3
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8