Jul 3, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
As a 36-year-old NBA rookie (after a long career in Europe), Pablo Prigioni was good for the Knicks. The ball movement and spacing was just better with him on the court. For example, the Knicks best +/- lineup last season that played at least 40 minutes was one with Prigioni, Carmelo Anthony, Tyson Chandler, Steve Novak and J.R. Smith.
Prigioni made just under a million last season, this offer likely is in that ballpark.
Prigioni said at the end of the season he would like to be in New York again, but would consider a return to Europe or just to retire. We’ll see how badly he wants to return to New York.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50