Jul 3, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
As a 36-year-old NBA rookie (after a long career in Europe), Pablo Prigioni was good for the Knicks. The ball movement and spacing was just better with him on the court. For example, the Knicks best +/- lineup last season that played at least 40 minutes was one with Prigioni, Carmelo Anthony, Tyson Chandler, Steve Novak and J.R. Smith.
Prigioni made just under a million last season, this offer likely is in that ballpark.
Prigioni said at the end of the season he would like to be in New York again, but would consider a return to Europe or just to retire. We’ll see how badly he wants to return to New York.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 21
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13