Jul 3, 2013, 1:12 PM EDT
Garrett Temple has been one of those guys bouncing around the fringes of the NBA for years, getting eight different 10-day contracts, playing for six teams in three years.
Now, he’s landed a full season NBA contract.
Temple will be back with the Wizards for a full season with a new one-year deal, reports J. Michael of CSNWashington.com. The contract is worth a little under $1 million.
Temple got a lot of run with Bradley Beal battling ankle injuries last season, starting 36 games and averaging 5.1 points, 2.4 rebounds and 2.3 assists.
The hope in Washington is Temple and just signed Eric Maynor provide a quality 15 minutes a night behind John Wall and Beal — and that’s a very realistic goal. They also have just re-signed Martell Webster and just drafted Otto Porter at the three.
If those front line guys (and Nene) can stay healthy the Wizards are a playoff team in the East.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85