Jul 3, 2013, 1:12 PM EDT
Garrett Temple has been one of those guys bouncing around the fringes of the NBA for years, getting eight different 10-day contracts, playing for six teams in three years.
Now, he’s landed a full season NBA contract.
Temple will be back with the Wizards for a full season with a new one-year deal, reports J. Michael of CSNWashington.com. The contract is worth a little under $1 million.
Temple got a lot of run with Bradley Beal battling ankle injuries last season, starting 36 games and averaging 5.1 points, 2.4 rebounds and 2.3 assists.
The hope in Washington is Temple and just signed Eric Maynor provide a quality 15 minutes a night behind John Wall and Beal — and that’s a very realistic goal. They also have just re-signed Martell Webster and just drafted Otto Porter at the three.
If those front line guys (and Nene) can stay healthy the Wizards are a playoff team in the East.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 18
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47