Jul 3, 2013, 1:12 PM EDT
Garrett Temple has been one of those guys bouncing around the fringes of the NBA for years, getting eight different 10-day contracts, playing for six teams in three years.
Now, he’s landed a full season NBA contract.
Temple will be back with the Wizards for a full season with a new one-year deal, reports J. Michael of CSNWashington.com. The contract is worth a little under $1 million.
Temple got a lot of run with Bradley Beal battling ankle injuries last season, starting 36 games and averaging 5.1 points, 2.4 rebounds and 2.3 assists.
The hope in Washington is Temple and just signed Eric Maynor provide a quality 15 minutes a night behind John Wall and Beal — and that’s a very realistic goal. They also have just re-signed Martell Webster and just drafted Otto Porter at the three.
If those front line guys (and Nene) can stay healthy the Wizards are a playoff team in the East.
- Heat execute in final minutes, Rockets still learning, fall in Miami 15
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 22
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 69
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 32
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 45