Jul 3, 2013, 1:12 PM EST
Garrett Temple has been one of those guys bouncing around the fringes of the NBA for years, getting eight different 10-day contracts, playing for six teams in three years.
Now, he’s landed a full season NBA contract.
Temple will be back with the Wizards for a full season with a new one-year deal, reports J. Michael of CSNWashington.com. The contract is worth a little under $1 million.
Temple got a lot of run with Bradley Beal battling ankle injuries last season, starting 36 games and averaging 5.1 points, 2.4 rebounds and 2.3 assists.
The hope in Washington is Temple and just signed Eric Maynor provide a quality 15 minutes a night behind John Wall and Beal — and that’s a very realistic goal. They also have just re-signed Martell Webster and just drafted Otto Porter at the three.
If those front line guys (and Nene) can stay healthy the Wizards are a playoff team in the East.
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 9
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 43
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 21
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4
- Report: Chris Mullin doesn’t want to jump in mid-season to coach Kings 3