Jul 3, 2013, 1:12 PM EDT
Garrett Temple has been one of those guys bouncing around the fringes of the NBA for years, getting eight different 10-day contracts, playing for six teams in three years.
Now, he’s landed a full season NBA contract.
Temple will be back with the Wizards for a full season with a new one-year deal, reports J. Michael of CSNWashington.com. The contract is worth a little under $1 million.
Temple got a lot of run with Bradley Beal battling ankle injuries last season, starting 36 games and averaging 5.1 points, 2.4 rebounds and 2.3 assists.
The hope in Washington is Temple and just signed Eric Maynor provide a quality 15 minutes a night behind John Wall and Beal — and that’s a very realistic goal. They also have just re-signed Martell Webster and just drafted Otto Porter at the three.
If those front line guys (and Nene) can stay healthy the Wizards are a playoff team in the East.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 6
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 8
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8