Jul 2, 2013, 9:16 AM EDT
The Minnesota Timberwolves have the flashy Ricky Rubio running the point. They have the versatile Kevin Love in the paint. Both should actually be healthy at the same time next season (*knocks on wood*).
What they could really use a two guard to space the floor as a shooter to go with that — Minnesota was dead last in the league in three point shooting percentage last season at 30.5 percent.
Which is why they are going hard after J.J. Redick. And while they are at it they would like to keep the small forward they had on the roster last year, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
But a lot of teams could use shooting, so Redick has options. That includes some very good teams (even if it is a long shot).
As another option as a shooter the Timberwolves have spoken with Kevin Martin, most recently of the Thunder.
Budinger would be the starting three if he returned. The Timberwolves drafted Shabazz Muhammad but the goal is to have him come off the bench, so they are looking for a starting three.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31