Jul 2, 2013, 9:16 AM EST
The Minnesota Timberwolves have the flashy Ricky Rubio running the point. They have the versatile Kevin Love in the paint. Both should actually be healthy at the same time next season (*knocks on wood*).
What they could really use a two guard to space the floor as a shooter to go with that — Minnesota was dead last in the league in three point shooting percentage last season at 30.5 percent.
Which is why they are going hard after J.J. Redick. And while they are at it they would like to keep the small forward they had on the roster last year, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
But a lot of teams could use shooting, so Redick has options. That includes some very good teams (even if it is a long shot).
As another option as a shooter the Timberwolves have spoken with Kevin Martin, most recently of the Thunder.
Budinger would be the starting three if he returned. The Timberwolves drafted Shabazz Muhammad but the goal is to have him come off the bench, so they are looking for a starting three.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 17
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11