Jul 2, 2013, 9:16 AM EST
The Minnesota Timberwolves have the flashy Ricky Rubio running the point. They have the versatile Kevin Love in the paint. Both should actually be healthy at the same time next season (*knocks on wood*).
What they could really use a two guard to space the floor as a shooter to go with that — Minnesota was dead last in the league in three point shooting percentage last season at 30.5 percent.
Which is why they are going hard after J.J. Redick. And while they are at it they would like to keep the small forward they had on the roster last year, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
But a lot of teams could use shooting, so Redick has options. That includes some very good teams (even if it is a long shot).
As another option as a shooter the Timberwolves have spoken with Kevin Martin, most recently of the Thunder.
Budinger would be the starting three if he returned. The Timberwolves drafted Shabazz Muhammad but the goal is to have him come off the bench, so they are looking for a starting three.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 5
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 5
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9