Jul 2, 2013, 9:16 AM EDT
The Minnesota Timberwolves have the flashy Ricky Rubio running the point. They have the versatile Kevin Love in the paint. Both should actually be healthy at the same time next season (*knocks on wood*).
What they could really use a two guard to space the floor as a shooter to go with that — Minnesota was dead last in the league in three point shooting percentage last season at 30.5 percent.
Which is why they are going hard after J.J. Redick. And while they are at it they would like to keep the small forward they had on the roster last year, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
But a lot of teams could use shooting, so Redick has options. That includes some very good teams (even if it is a long shot).
As another option as a shooter the Timberwolves have spoken with Kevin Martin, most recently of the Thunder.
Budinger would be the starting three if he returned. The Timberwolves drafted Shabazz Muhammad but the goal is to have him come off the bench, so they are looking for a starting three.
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Spurs look for ways to contain Chris Paul 1
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Can Memphis keep Damian Lillard in check? 0
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 9
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 9
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 6