Jul 2, 2013, 9:16 AM EDT
The Minnesota Timberwolves have the flashy Ricky Rubio running the point. They have the versatile Kevin Love in the paint. Both should actually be healthy at the same time next season (*knocks on wood*).
What they could really use a two guard to space the floor as a shooter to go with that — Minnesota was dead last in the league in three point shooting percentage last season at 30.5 percent.
Which is why they are going hard after J.J. Redick. And while they are at it they would like to keep the small forward they had on the roster last year, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
But a lot of teams could use shooting, so Redick has options. That includes some very good teams (even if it is a long shot).
As another option as a shooter the Timberwolves have spoken with Kevin Martin, most recently of the Thunder.
Budinger would be the starting three if he returned. The Timberwolves drafted Shabazz Muhammad but the goal is to have him come off the bench, so they are looking for a starting three.
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 46
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 64
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 19
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 39
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3