Jul 2, 2013, 10:19 AM EST
Part of the trade that brings Andrea Bargnani to the Knicks — because an oft-injured three-point shooting big man who doesn’t rebound, is a poor defender and is owed $22 million over the next two years was a need in New York — flipped veteran big man Marcus Camby to the Raptors.
Toronto is who drafted Camby, but it’s not where he wants to play now — he wants to finish his career out on a contender. If not, he might just decide to walk away and retire.
The Raptors don’t want to get nothing for Camby, so trade options are being explored, reports Doug Smith at the Toronto Sun.
Camby, originally drafted by the Raptors in 1996, isn’t likely to ever suit up for Toronto; he wants to end a long career trying to win a championship.
Toronto sources say Ujiri does not yet have a landing spot for Camby but the Raptors GM does have more than a week to find a way to flip him for some other asset. Not doing so risks having to buy Camby out of the last guaranteed year of his contract and get nothing in return for the veteran centre.
The Raptors will be making other moves, also. Well, unless you think Dwane Casey can rind a rotation that could play DeMar DeRozan, Rudy Gay, Terrence Ross, Landry Fields, Steve Novak, Quentin Richardson and Linas Kleiza out on the wings during games. Good luck with that. So expect a couple more deals out of Toronto.
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 1
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 3
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 14
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 23
- ‘Melo says Knicks players “worried” Woodson could lose job if losing continues 12
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (53)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (39)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (38)
- Jason Kidd fined $50K for intentionally spilling drink on the court to stop play in loss to Lakers (37)