Jul 2, 2013, 2:39 AM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points more than NBA fans love free agency….
• With Jefferson clearly bolting Utah, the Jazz would like to re-sign Paul Millsap. The two sides met right after free agency opened. Still no deal in place. The Jazz have the right to match any offer Millsap gets from another team.
• Josh Smith will met with Atlanta on Tuesday.
• Reports are Milwaukee, Portland, San Antonio and Atlanta are meeting with Zaza Pachulia, trying to land him.
• Brian Scalabrine has had conversations with the Bulls about being an assistant coach.
• This is making a lot of buzz around the league: Bulls GM Gar Forman fired Bulls lead assistant Ron Adams over the objections of coach Tom Thibodeau. In general in the NBA, head coaches get to pick their assistants, the fact that Forman did this speaks to just how strained the relationship between coach and GM is in Chicago.
• Amar’e Stoudemire is part of a group of investors looking to buy an Israeli basketball team.
• In case you missed it (a lot of other things were going on), Malcolm Lee got traded twice on draft night, from the Timberwolves to Golden State then on the Suns.
• Minnesota’s rookie Shabazz Muhammad’s father was a concern for some teams — that he would be overly involved in his career. But Muhammad said his father is not working with him anymore.
• In case you missed it, Shawn Marion opted in with the Mavericks for $9.3 million next year rather than test the free agent market. That was wise.
• Kwame Brown opted in with the Sixers before free agency started, he will be with the team and make $2.9 million next season.
• New Orleans’ new rookie Pierre Jackson has a left patella injury and may have to skip summer league.
Sep 4, 2015, 8:59 PM EDT
He shows promise as a good NBA center.
Sep 4, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
He’s coming off an ACL surgery and misses the start of the season.
Sep 4, 2015, 7:01 PM EDT
Quincy Pondexter could be out longer.
Sep 4, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
The real banner goes up opening night.
Sep 4, 2015, 4:59 PM EDT
That locker room was a hot mess.
Sep 4, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
Do they, though?
Sep 4, 2015, 3:21 PM EDT
…from his own company
Sep 4, 2015, 2:24 PM EDT
Given the strength of the Western Conference, they should be
Sep 4, 2015, 1:25 PM EDT
That’ll make owners more prone to locking out players
Sep 4, 2015, 12:23 PM EDT
Houston also reportedly adding Denzel Livingston, Remi Yusuf, Will Cummings
Sep 4, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
Rocky plays the heel
Sep 4, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
Durant played with New York coach Derek Fisher
Sep 4, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
Will San Antonio extend it?
Sep 4, 2015, 8:32 AM EDT
He shot just 34 percent in Summer League.
Sep 4, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
If he’s healthy and the vintage, athletic McGee Dallas could use him.
Sep 4, 2015, 12:33 AM EDT
Thomas is a former No. 4 overall pick.
Sep 3, 2015, 11:15 PM EDT
The street artist Madsteez painted the commissioned piece.
Sep 3, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Weber played four years in college.
Sep 3, 2015, 9:41 PM EDT
Someone should tell him that isn’t up to him.
Sep 3, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Whiteside’s deadline wasn’t until December 1.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 40
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18