Jul 2, 2013, 2:39 AM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points more than NBA fans love free agency….
• With Jefferson clearly bolting Utah, the Jazz would like to re-sign Paul Millsap. The two sides met right after free agency opened. Still no deal in place. The Jazz have the right to match any offer Millsap gets from another team.
• Josh Smith will met with Atlanta on Tuesday.
• Reports are Milwaukee, Portland, San Antonio and Atlanta are meeting with Zaza Pachulia, trying to land him.
• Brian Scalabrine has had conversations with the Bulls about being an assistant coach.
• This is making a lot of buzz around the league: Bulls GM Gar Forman fired Bulls lead assistant Ron Adams over the objections of coach Tom Thibodeau. In general in the NBA, head coaches get to pick their assistants, the fact that Forman did this speaks to just how strained the relationship between coach and GM is in Chicago.
• Amar’e Stoudemire is part of a group of investors looking to buy an Israeli basketball team.
• In case you missed it (a lot of other things were going on), Malcolm Lee got traded twice on draft night, from the Timberwolves to Golden State then on the Suns.
• Minnesota’s rookie Shabazz Muhammad’s father was a concern for some teams — that he would be overly involved in his career. But Muhammad said his father is not working with him anymore.
• In case you missed it, Shawn Marion opted in with the Mavericks for $9.3 million next year rather than test the free agent market. That was wise.
• Kwame Brown opted in with the Sixers before free agency started, he will be with the team and make $2.9 million next season.
• New Orleans’ new rookie Pierre Jackson has a left patella injury and may have to skip summer league.
Mar 4, 2015, 12:00 PM EST
Chemistry issues in Memphis?
Mar 4, 2015, 11:20 AM EST
League is releasing officiating reports for all calls made in a close game’s final two minutes, and the results are fascinating.
Mar 4, 2015, 10:40 AM EST
Nifty but necessary move by LeBron to earn the easy two points.
Mar 4, 2015, 10:00 AM EST
Suns in another unnecessary disagreement with a former player.
Mar 4, 2015, 9:20 AM EST
Knicks starting five combined for just 24 points, and New York trailed by as many as 44 before this one was finished.
Mar 4, 2015, 8:40 AM EST
Jazz are 5-1 in their last six games since Gobert was inserted into the starting lineup.
Mar 4, 2015, 8:00 AM EST
James passed Ray Allen to achieve his latest milestone.
Mar 4, 2015, 2:55 AM EST
Denver wins for its new coach.
Mar 4, 2015, 1:55 AM EST
Hawks fans booed Smith every time he touched the ball.
Mar 4, 2015, 12:15 AM EST
Tony Snell is not THAT good at getting open
Mar 3, 2015, 11:33 PM EST
Smith can’t stop shooting 3s, though, and you know how that ends
Mar 3, 2015, 10:50 PM EST
It was only a matter of time
Mar 3, 2015, 10:08 PM EST
Will he stay with Mavericks?
Mar 3, 2015, 9:08 PM EST
Denver should reciprocate
Mar 3, 2015, 8:08 PM EST
Boston reportedly also plans to try for Marc Gasol, Kawhi Leonard and Jimmy Butler
Mar 3, 2015, 7:20 PM EST
They say this was a one-time incident.
Mar 3, 2015, 6:34 PM EST
Yesterday’s Heat-Suns game got physical
Mar 3, 2015, 5:50 PM EST
The list for him is much longer than just two teams. Much longer.
Mar 3, 2015, 5:08 PM EST
What kind of team are they trying to build.
Mar 3, 2015, 4:04 PM EST
The Kings retired his No. 21 jersey.
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 16
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 4
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11