Jul 2, 2013, 2:39 AM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points more than NBA fans love free agency….
• With Jefferson clearly bolting Utah, the Jazz would like to re-sign Paul Millsap. The two sides met right after free agency opened. Still no deal in place. The Jazz have the right to match any offer Millsap gets from another team.
• Josh Smith will met with Atlanta on Tuesday.
• Reports are Milwaukee, Portland, San Antonio and Atlanta are meeting with Zaza Pachulia, trying to land him.
• Brian Scalabrine has had conversations with the Bulls about being an assistant coach.
• This is making a lot of buzz around the league: Bulls GM Gar Forman fired Bulls lead assistant Ron Adams over the objections of coach Tom Thibodeau. In general in the NBA, head coaches get to pick their assistants, the fact that Forman did this speaks to just how strained the relationship between coach and GM is in Chicago.
• Amar’e Stoudemire is part of a group of investors looking to buy an Israeli basketball team.
• In case you missed it (a lot of other things were going on), Malcolm Lee got traded twice on draft night, from the Timberwolves to Golden State then on the Suns.
• Minnesota’s rookie Shabazz Muhammad’s father was a concern for some teams — that he would be overly involved in his career. But Muhammad said his father is not working with him anymore.
• In case you missed it, Shawn Marion opted in with the Mavericks for $9.3 million next year rather than test the free agent market. That was wise.
• Kwame Brown opted in with the Sixers before free agency started, he will be with the team and make $2.9 million next season.
• New Orleans’ new rookie Pierre Jackson has a left patella injury and may have to skip summer league.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
Bulls center has discussed Phil Jackson with his younger brother
Oct 30, 2014, 11:55 AM EDT
Gasol was dominant opening night, and Derrick Rose is thrilled to finally have some help.
Oct 30, 2014, 11:26 AM EDT
Awesome block by Buck
Oct 30, 2014, 10:51 AM EDT
Warriors shooting guard met starter criteria in game against Kings
Oct 30, 2014, 10:09 AM EDT
They wouldn’t be the Suns and Timberwolves, would they?
Oct 30, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Celtics point guard photographed in T station
Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James
Oct 30, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Oct 30, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
Rough first night in the NBA to be guarded by Tony Allen.
Oct 30, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
New owner could recoup money over next 15 years
Oct 30, 2014, 2:45 AM EDT
Good night to be the Trail Blazers. Not so much for Kobe Bryant.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:27 AM EDT
Boston tops Brooklyn, 121-105
Oct 29, 2014, 11:57 PM EDT
Taj Gibson and the second unit took control of this one.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:13 PM EDT
While the Lakers were flirting with ‘Melo, the Suns came knocking for Thomas.
Oct 29, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
The pride of Long Beach State.
Oct 29, 2014, 9:51 PM EDT
Hornets point guard hits game-winning jumper in overtime against Bucks
Oct 29, 2014, 9:36 PM EDT
Charlotte makes large comeback
Oct 29, 2014, 9:15 PM EDT
Oct 29, 2014, 8:33 PM EDT
Barea helped Dallas win 2011 championship, but how much does he have left in the tank?
Oct 29, 2014, 7:55 PM EDT
Young Tom Brady dressed as a Celtic
Oct 29, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Here’s your chance to see ‘Melo as a knife-wielding henchman.
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 3
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 18
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 17
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 8
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 16
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 38
- Dwight Howard says he wants to move on from Kobe, Lakers. Actions show feud going strong. 49