Jul 2, 2013, 2:39 AM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points more than NBA fans love free agency….
• With Jefferson clearly bolting Utah, the Jazz would like to re-sign Paul Millsap. The two sides met right after free agency opened. Still no deal in place. The Jazz have the right to match any offer Millsap gets from another team.
• Josh Smith will met with Atlanta on Tuesday.
• Reports are Milwaukee, Portland, San Antonio and Atlanta are meeting with Zaza Pachulia, trying to land him.
• Brian Scalabrine has had conversations with the Bulls about being an assistant coach.
• This is making a lot of buzz around the league: Bulls GM Gar Forman fired Bulls lead assistant Ron Adams over the objections of coach Tom Thibodeau. In general in the NBA, head coaches get to pick their assistants, the fact that Forman did this speaks to just how strained the relationship between coach and GM is in Chicago.
• Amar’e Stoudemire is part of a group of investors looking to buy an Israeli basketball team.
• In case you missed it (a lot of other things were going on), Malcolm Lee got traded twice on draft night, from the Timberwolves to Golden State then on the Suns.
• Minnesota’s rookie Shabazz Muhammad’s father was a concern for some teams — that he would be overly involved in his career. But Muhammad said his father is not working with him anymore.
• In case you missed it, Shawn Marion opted in with the Mavericks for $9.3 million next year rather than test the free agent market. That was wise.
• Kwame Brown opted in with the Sixers before free agency started, he will be with the team and make $2.9 million next season.
• New Orleans’ new rookie Pierre Jackson has a left patella injury and may have to skip summer league.
Sep 1, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
“I’m feeling good right now. Just trying to get in better shape, get in better condition, so that when I do need to score the ball, then it’ll be there.” —Derrick Rose
Sep 1, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Halle Berry is officially married still, for the record.
Sep 1, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Ellington, acquired in trade from Knicks, likely stretched
Sep 1, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Former Wizard provides depth at small forward following Paul George’s injury
Sep 1, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
“If you were at our practices and our training camp, anybody that was there, they would see why I made the team.” —Mason Plumlee
Sep 1, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Elephant dunks a basketball.
Sep 1, 2014, 1:31 PM EDT
This makes more sense, but he could get moved near the deadline.
Sep 1, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
This would be a solid pickup for the bench, especially at the league minimum.
Sep 1, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Ron Rothstein and Bob McAdoo lose bench spots, could stay with Miami
Sep 1, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
This is a win for Jay-Z’s Roc Nation.
Sep 1, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Harden’s reputation on the defensive end of the floor continues to grow.
Sep 1, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Whether he asked out or not doesn’t really change his situation much.
Sep 1, 2014, 12:30 AM EDT
Blatche being Blatche.
Aug 31, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Turkoglu didn’t do much in L.A. last year, but Chris Paul recently touted the importance of consistency in the Clippers’ chances for success next season.
Aug 31, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
France picked up a nice win over Argentina.
Aug 31, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
James Harden makes the PUJIT work for him.
Aug 31, 2014, 6:29 PM EDT
The energy of Kenneth Faried helped Team USA pull away in the second half.
Aug 31, 2014, 5:31 PM EDT
Terry was never going to be a fit in Sacramento, but could be a nice veteran addition for a Rockets team that plans on contending next season.
Aug 31, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Franklin only played one NBA season, but this will open up a roster spot in Memphis.
Aug 31, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
In some ways, this new beginning in Minnesota is more interesting than if the team had simply proceeded with the status quo.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 0
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18