Jul 2, 2013, 2:39 AM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points more than NBA fans love free agency….
• With Jefferson clearly bolting Utah, the Jazz would like to re-sign Paul Millsap. The two sides met right after free agency opened. Still no deal in place. The Jazz have the right to match any offer Millsap gets from another team.
• Josh Smith will met with Atlanta on Tuesday.
• Reports are Milwaukee, Portland, San Antonio and Atlanta are meeting with Zaza Pachulia, trying to land him.
• Brian Scalabrine has had conversations with the Bulls about being an assistant coach.
• This is making a lot of buzz around the league: Bulls GM Gar Forman fired Bulls lead assistant Ron Adams over the objections of coach Tom Thibodeau. In general in the NBA, head coaches get to pick their assistants, the fact that Forman did this speaks to just how strained the relationship between coach and GM is in Chicago.
• Amar’e Stoudemire is part of a group of investors looking to buy an Israeli basketball team.
• In case you missed it (a lot of other things were going on), Malcolm Lee got traded twice on draft night, from the Timberwolves to Golden State then on the Suns.
• Minnesota’s rookie Shabazz Muhammad’s father was a concern for some teams — that he would be overly involved in his career. But Muhammad said his father is not working with him anymore.
• In case you missed it, Shawn Marion opted in with the Mavericks for $9.3 million next year rather than test the free agent market. That was wise.
• Kwame Brown opted in with the Sixers before free agency started, he will be with the team and make $2.9 million next season.
• New Orleans’ new rookie Pierre Jackson has a left patella injury and may have to skip summer league.
Dec 27, 2014, 12:45 AM EST
Lob City comes to Sacramento.
Dec 27, 2014, 12:00 AM EST
Moses Malone is up next.
Dec 26, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
Should have had a three-point opportunity, too.
Dec 26, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
He isn’t human.
Dec 26, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
Hopefully there are more of these and fewer threes.
Dec 26, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
Not good news for the Cavs’ frontcourt depth.
Dec 26, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
His body is still sore.
Dec 26, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
Teams are looking for any edge they can get.
Dec 26, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
The no-trade worked out quite well for Toronto.
Dec 26, 2014, 4:29 PM EST
At 25 points a game it would still take Kobe 182 games to catch Malone. That’s not likely.
Dec 26, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Knicks fans are going to need to be patient, something New Yorkers have long been know for. *cough*
Dec 26, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Tarik Black will land on another NBA roster.
Dec 26, 2014, 12:05 PM EST
We told you the suspension was coming, and the fine was justified.
Dec 26, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Inside the NBA is the best.
Dec 26, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
Dec 26, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Well, you don’t see that every day. Fortunately.
Dec 26, 2014, 2:56 AM EST
The flagrant fouls and ejections we’ve come to expect from these teams were non-existent, as L.A. came away with a “signature win” over the league-leading Warriors.
Dec 25, 2014, 11:48 PM EST
The Bulls blew out the Lakers on Christmas.
Dec 25, 2014, 11:31 PM EST
Wade was brilliant… for a half, anyway. But that was enough.
Dec 25, 2014, 10:16 PM EST
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0