Jul 1, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
So expect new trade rumors for Bledsoe to start popping up, such as this one from Ramona Shelburne of ESPN Los Angeles:
Bledsoe to the Bucks in a sign-and-trade for J.J. Redick.
Or, if you’re looking at two guards, how about one who was in Dallas last year, as Marc Stein of ESPN reports.
There is some logic in these deals (although I like Redick better for L.A.). The Clippers need a two guard who can space the floor as a shooter and both can do that (remember Mayo shot 40.7 percent from three last season in Dallas). Neither are the level of wing defender the Clippers could use but both could fit the offense. Like I said, I like Redick better because he works more comfortably off the ball.
For Dallas, they want a point guard and Bledsoe is a good and potentially very good one, but a guy ready to start. And for the Bucks, this would mean Bledsoe is their point guard of the future and they didn’t plan to match any offers for (or they would do a sign-and-trade with) Brandon Jennings.
There will be other teams interested in Bledsoe, with the most prominent rumor being the Orlando Magic in a swap involving Arron Afflalo and others.
The bottom line is the Clippers are going to have options. And those options are piling up.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 13
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28