Jul 1, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
So expect new trade rumors for Bledsoe to start popping up, such as this one from Ramona Shelburne of ESPN Los Angeles:
Bledsoe to the Bucks in a sign-and-trade for J.J. Redick.
Or, if you’re looking at two guards, how about one who was in Dallas last year, as Marc Stein of ESPN reports.
Add a new suitor to Eric Bledsoe sign-and-trade derby: Clips and Mavs discussing Bledsoe-for-OJ Mayo in live S-and-T scenarios—
Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) July 01, 2013
There is some logic in these deals (although I like Redick better for L.A.). The Clippers need a two guard who can space the floor as a shooter and both can do that (remember Mayo shot 40.7 percent from three last season in Dallas). Neither are the level of wing defender the Clippers could use but both could fit the offense. Like I said, I like Redick better because he works more comfortably off the ball.
For Dallas, they want a point guard and Bledsoe is a good and potentially very good one, but a guy ready to start. And for the Bucks, this would mean Bledsoe is their point guard of the future and they didn’t plan to match any offers for (or they would do a sign-and-trade with) Brandon Jennings.
There will be other teams interested in Bledsoe, with the most prominent rumor being the Orlando Magic in a swap involving Arron Afflalo and others.
The bottom line is the Clippers are going to have options. And those options are piling up.
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 0
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 61
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 31
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 43
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 33