Jul 1, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
So expect new trade rumors for Bledsoe to start popping up, such as this one from Ramona Shelburne of ESPN Los Angeles:
Bledsoe to the Bucks in a sign-and-trade for J.J. Redick.
Or, if you’re looking at two guards, how about one who was in Dallas last year, as Marc Stein of ESPN reports.
There is some logic in these deals (although I like Redick better for L.A.). The Clippers need a two guard who can space the floor as a shooter and both can do that (remember Mayo shot 40.7 percent from three last season in Dallas). Neither are the level of wing defender the Clippers could use but both could fit the offense. Like I said, I like Redick better because he works more comfortably off the ball.
For Dallas, they want a point guard and Bledsoe is a good and potentially very good one, but a guy ready to start. And for the Bucks, this would mean Bledsoe is their point guard of the future and they didn’t plan to match any offers for (or they would do a sign-and-trade with) Brandon Jennings.
There will be other teams interested in Bledsoe, with the most prominent rumor being the Orlando Magic in a swap involving Arron Afflalo and others.
The bottom line is the Clippers are going to have options. And those options are piling up.
- Report: Los Angeles Dodgers’ owners in talks to buy part of Brooklyn Nets as part of “combination of assets” 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Orlando Magic 3
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 43
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 6
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14