Jul 1, 2013, 2:43 PM EST
When teams say they are going to Los Angeles to meet with players, it doesn’t automatically mean Dwight Howard. A number of other players are there and if you want to meet them that’s the place to be.
For one, that’s where Andre Iguodala is. And a number of teams are going to meet with him there, reports Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
He’s expected to speak with the Nuggets, New Orleans Pelicans, Sacramento Kings, Golden State Warriors, Detroit Pistons and Atlanta Hawks, a source told Yahoo! Sports.
New Nuggets coach Brian Shaw and general manager Tim Connelly will attend the team’s meeting with Iguodala. New Kings general manager Pete D’Alessandro was assistant GM in Denver during Iguodala’s season there.
Of that group, the Warriors would need to add a piece through a sign-and-trade, and that could be a challenge depending on what the Nuggets demand in return.
Iguodala opted out of $16 million next season for the security of a longer-term deal. He will get four years at a lower rate per year, although we have already discussed the risks of giving Iguodala four years.
Right now Iguodala brings good perimeter defense and a versitle offensive game. We know it fits well in Denver and they want him back, but he could fit in well with any of those teams. It’s really going to come down to money. It always does.
- Kobe injury a reality check for Lakers, doesn’t really change plan 4
- Spurs will rest Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili in nationally televised game, Tony Parker also out 24
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee 55
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star 34
- Reports: Houston Rockets pull out of Asik trade talks, will keep him for now 37
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (55)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (44)