Jul 1, 2013, 2:43 PM EDT
When teams say they are going to Los Angeles to meet with players, it doesn’t automatically mean Dwight Howard. A number of other players are there and if you want to meet them that’s the place to be.
For one, that’s where Andre Iguodala is. And a number of teams are going to meet with him there, reports Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
He’s expected to speak with the Nuggets, New Orleans Pelicans, Sacramento Kings, Golden State Warriors, Detroit Pistons and Atlanta Hawks, a source told Yahoo! Sports.
New Nuggets coach Brian Shaw and general manager Tim Connelly will attend the team’s meeting with Iguodala. New Kings general manager Pete D’Alessandro was assistant GM in Denver during Iguodala’s season there.
Of that group, the Warriors would need to add a piece through a sign-and-trade, and that could be a challenge depending on what the Nuggets demand in return.
Iguodala opted out of $16 million next season for the security of a longer-term deal. He will get four years at a lower rate per year, although we have already discussed the risks of giving Iguodala four years.
Right now Iguodala brings good perimeter defense and a versitle offensive game. We know it fits well in Denver and they want him back, but he could fit in well with any of those teams. It’s really going to come down to money. It always does.
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 17
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 12
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10