Jul 1, 2013, 2:43 PM EDT
When teams say they are going to Los Angeles to meet with players, it doesn’t automatically mean Dwight Howard. A number of other players are there and if you want to meet them that’s the place to be.
For one, that’s where Andre Iguodala is. And a number of teams are going to meet with him there, reports Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
He’s expected to speak with the Nuggets, New Orleans Pelicans, Sacramento Kings, Golden State Warriors, Detroit Pistons and Atlanta Hawks, a source told Yahoo! Sports.
New Nuggets coach Brian Shaw and general manager Tim Connelly will attend the team’s meeting with Iguodala. New Kings general manager Pete D’Alessandro was assistant GM in Denver during Iguodala’s season there.
Of that group, the Warriors would need to add a piece through a sign-and-trade, and that could be a challenge depending on what the Nuggets demand in return.
Iguodala opted out of $16 million next season for the security of a longer-term deal. He will get four years at a lower rate per year, although we have already discussed the risks of giving Iguodala four years.
Right now Iguodala brings good perimeter defense and a versitle offensive game. We know it fits well in Denver and they want him back, but he could fit in well with any of those teams. It’s really going to come down to money. It always does.
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 0
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 10
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 6
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 38
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 15