Jul 1, 2013, 2:43 PM EDT
When teams say they are going to Los Angeles to meet with players, it doesn’t automatically mean Dwight Howard. A number of other players are there and if you want to meet them that’s the place to be.
For one, that’s where Andre Iguodala is. And a number of teams are going to meet with him there, reports Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
He’s expected to speak with the Nuggets, New Orleans Pelicans, Sacramento Kings, Golden State Warriors, Detroit Pistons and Atlanta Hawks, a source told Yahoo! Sports.
New Nuggets coach Brian Shaw and general manager Tim Connelly will attend the team’s meeting with Iguodala. New Kings general manager Pete D’Alessandro was assistant GM in Denver during Iguodala’s season there.
Of that group, the Warriors would need to add a piece through a sign-and-trade, and that could be a challenge depending on what the Nuggets demand in return.
Iguodala opted out of $16 million next season for the security of a longer-term deal. He will get four years at a lower rate per year, although we have already discussed the risks of giving Iguodala four years.
Right now Iguodala brings good perimeter defense and a versitle offensive game. We know it fits well in Denver and they want him back, but he could fit in well with any of those teams. It’s really going to come down to money. It always does.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13