Jun 30, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
Looking up and down the roster of the Houston Rockets, there are a lot of guys there with smaller deals or team options.
The latest moves, announced by Rockets GM Daryl Morey, clear even more salary cap space so the team can eventually have enough room to offer Howard the max contract he’ll require in free agency.
— Daryl Morey (@dmorey) June 30, 2013
There will be some interest around the league for Delfino’s skill set, which includes serviceable three-point shooting and perimeter defense. He averaged 10.6 points in 25.2 minutes per game off the bench for Houston last season.
Brooks has bounced around a bit recently, but he does offer some speed and scoring ability that teams may be able to utilize in a backup role if the price is right.
Houston has one more transaction pending, and that’s to try and trade Thomas Robinson without taking back any salary in return — which is something they’ve been trying to do for a month now. That’ll be the last piece of the puzzle from a cap perspective to prepare for what the team hopes will be Howard’s eventual arrival.
- NBA Power Rankings: Spurs, Clippers are your clear top two 0
- The Extra Pass: This season’s record number of threes is just the start 6
- Sunday NBA grades: Golden State’s Curry, Thompson put on a show 5
- Heat execute in final minutes, Rockets still learning, fall in Miami 20
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 25