Jun 30, 2013, 4:00 PM EST
Looking up and down the roster of the Houston Rockets, there are a lot of guys there with smaller deals or team options.
The latest moves, announced by Rockets GM Daryl Morey, clear even more salary cap space so the team can eventually have enough room to offer Howard the max contract he’ll require in free agency.
— Daryl Morey (@dmorey) June 30, 2013
There will be some interest around the league for Delfino’s skill set, which includes serviceable three-point shooting and perimeter defense. He averaged 10.6 points in 25.2 minutes per game off the bench for Houston last season.
Brooks has bounced around a bit recently, but he does offer some speed and scoring ability that teams may be able to utilize in a backup role if the price is right.
Houston has one more transaction pending, and that’s to try and trade Thomas Robinson without taking back any salary in return — which is something they’ve been trying to do for a month now. That’ll be the last piece of the puzzle from a cap perspective to prepare for what the team hopes will be Howard’s eventual arrival.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 2
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 18
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8