Jun 30, 2013, 4:00 PM EST
Looking up and down the roster of the Houston Rockets, there are a lot of guys there with smaller deals or team options.
The latest moves, announced by Rockets GM Daryl Morey, clear even more salary cap space so the team can eventually have enough room to offer Howard the max contract he’ll require in free agency.
— Daryl Morey (@dmorey) June 30, 2013
There will be some interest around the league for Delfino’s skill set, which includes serviceable three-point shooting and perimeter defense. He averaged 10.6 points in 25.2 minutes per game off the bench for Houston last season.
Brooks has bounced around a bit recently, but he does offer some speed and scoring ability that teams may be able to utilize in a backup role if the price is right.
Houston has one more transaction pending, and that’s to try and trade Thomas Robinson without taking back any salary in return — which is something they’ve been trying to do for a month now. That’ll be the last piece of the puzzle from a cap perspective to prepare for what the team hopes will be Howard’s eventual arrival.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13