Jun 30, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
Normally when a pro player hits the courts during the summer to play against a bunch of non-NBA guys, their exploits aren’t all that impressive.
The level of competition matters, after all, and so ringing up big numbers should be the expected result in games where the defense is questionable, and the overall talent level is a step or four below what someone like Jeremy Lin is used to seeing on a nightly basis.
This video is worth watching, though, for a couple of reasons. Lin is featured prominently, scoring in a variety of ways. And players from both teams are shown converting acrobatic and exciting finishes in traffic, making it one of the better all-around highlight reels from something like this that you’ll see.
Since we’re a long way from actual NBA basketball, consider this your short-term fix.
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 0
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 5
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 9
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 24
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 30
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9