Jun 30, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
Normally when a pro player hits the courts during the summer to play against a bunch of non-NBA guys, their exploits aren’t all that impressive.
The level of competition matters, after all, and so ringing up big numbers should be the expected result in games where the defense is questionable, and the overall talent level is a step or four below what someone like Jeremy Lin is used to seeing on a nightly basis.
This video is worth watching, though, for a couple of reasons. Lin is featured prominently, scoring in a variety of ways. And players from both teams are shown converting acrobatic and exciting finishes in traffic, making it one of the better all-around highlight reels from something like this that you’ll see.
Since we’re a long way from actual NBA basketball, consider this your short-term fix.
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 30
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 16
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6