Jun 30, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
Normally when a pro player hits the courts during the summer to play against a bunch of non-NBA guys, their exploits aren’t all that impressive.
The level of competition matters, after all, and so ringing up big numbers should be the expected result in games where the defense is questionable, and the overall talent level is a step or four below what someone like Jeremy Lin is used to seeing on a nightly basis.
This video is worth watching, though, for a couple of reasons. Lin is featured prominently, scoring in a variety of ways. And players from both teams are shown converting acrobatic and exciting finishes in traffic, making it one of the better all-around highlight reels from something like this that you’ll see.
Since we’re a long way from actual NBA basketball, consider this your short-term fix.
- Report: Celtics may be frontrunners for Asik; would move Bass, Lee, pick 0
- Tyson Chandler returns to Knicks lineup Wednesday night 1
- Beasley out, LeBron game-time decision; Heat not worried about Pacers right now 7
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s MVP-level season looks a lot like last season 10
- PBT Podcast: Damian Lillard can’t miss, plus Iguodala return 0
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (105)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (48)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (48)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (45)