Jun 30, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Normally when a pro player hits the courts during the summer to play against a bunch of non-NBA guys, their exploits aren’t all that impressive.
The level of competition matters, after all, and so ringing up big numbers should be the expected result in games where the defense is questionable, and the overall talent level is a step or four below what someone like Jeremy Lin is used to seeing on a nightly basis.
This video is worth watching, though, for a couple of reasons. Lin is featured prominently, scoring in a variety of ways. And players from both teams are shown converting acrobatic and exciting finishes in traffic, making it one of the better all-around highlight reels from something like this that you’ll see.
Since we’re a long way from actual NBA basketball, consider this your short-term fix.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20