Jun 30, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Normally when a pro player hits the courts during the summer to play against a bunch of non-NBA guys, their exploits aren’t all that impressive.
The level of competition matters, after all, and so ringing up big numbers should be the expected result in games where the defense is questionable, and the overall talent level is a step or four below what someone like Jeremy Lin is used to seeing on a nightly basis.
This video is worth watching, though, for a couple of reasons. Lin is featured prominently, scoring in a variety of ways. And players from both teams are shown converting acrobatic and exciting finishes in traffic, making it one of the better all-around highlight reels from something like this that you’ll see.
Since we’re a long way from actual NBA basketball, consider this your short-term fix.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 0
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 23
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 45
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 54
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23