Jun 28, 2013, 5:04 PM EDT
Victor Oladipo is cooler than you. Or a bigger geek than you. Or both.
Oladipo, who was selected No. 2 overall by the Orlando Magic, showed up to the NBA Draft wearing Google Glass.
That’s Google’s head-mounted computer that lets you look up things such as “who is the general manager of the Orlando Magic?” before you embarrass yourself in an interview. (No, he didn’t do that, lighten up people.)
Oladipo tried to document his draft night via the glasses. Tried to.
Oladipo was asked to take the glasses off by some NBA officials, who are simple cavemen and frightened and confused by your new technology. Of course. I’m done blaming David Stern for things, we’ll blame this one on Adam Silver. Just because.
There’s a great rundown of the night with exclusive content over at The Verge. Oladipo said he liked them and would like to buy a pair. So that makes one.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9