Jun 28, 2013, 5:04 PM EST
Victor Oladipo is cooler than you. Or a bigger geek than you. Or both.
Oladipo, who was selected No. 2 overall by the Orlando Magic, showed up to the NBA Draft wearing Google Glass.
That’s Google’s head-mounted computer that lets you look up things such as “who is the general manager of the Orlando Magic?” before you embarrass yourself in an interview. (No, he didn’t do that, lighten up people.)
Oladipo tried to document his draft night via the glasses. Tried to.
Oladipo was asked to take the glasses off by some NBA officials, who are simple cavemen and frightened and confused by your new technology. Of course. I’m done blaming David Stern for things, we’ll blame this one on Adam Silver. Just because.
There’s a great rundown of the night with exclusive content over at The Verge. Oladipo said he liked them and would like to buy a pair. So that makes one.
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 4
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 24
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36