Jun 28, 2013, 5:04 PM EDT
Victor Oladipo is cooler than you. Or a bigger geek than you. Or both.
Oladipo, who was selected No. 2 overall by the Orlando Magic, showed up to the NBA Draft wearing Google Glass.
That’s Google’s head-mounted computer that lets you look up things such as “who is the general manager of the Orlando Magic?” before you embarrass yourself in an interview. (No, he didn’t do that, lighten up people.)
Oladipo tried to document his draft night via the glasses. Tried to.
Oladipo was asked to take the glasses off by some NBA officials, who are simple cavemen and frightened and confused by your new technology. Of course. I’m done blaming David Stern for things, we’ll blame this one on Adam Silver. Just because.
There’s a great rundown of the night with exclusive content over at The Verge. Oladipo said he liked them and would like to buy a pair. So that makes one.
- LeBron scores 36, Cavaliers bounce back to get overtime win over Bulls 0
- Ricky Rubio agrees to 4-year, $55 million contract extension with Timberwolves 4
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 13
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 13
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 11
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10