Jun 28, 2013, 5:04 PM EDT
Victor Oladipo is cooler than you. Or a bigger geek than you. Or both.
Oladipo, who was selected No. 2 overall by the Orlando Magic, showed up to the NBA Draft wearing Google Glass.
That’s Google’s head-mounted computer that lets you look up things such as “who is the general manager of the Orlando Magic?” before you embarrass yourself in an interview. (No, he didn’t do that, lighten up people.)
Oladipo tried to document his draft night via the glasses. Tried to.
Oladipo was asked to take the glasses off by some NBA officials, who are simple cavemen and frightened and confused by your new technology. Of course. I’m done blaming David Stern for things, we’ll blame this one on Adam Silver. Just because.
There’s a great rundown of the night with exclusive content over at The Verge. Oladipo said he liked them and would like to buy a pair. So that makes one.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 6
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 10
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90