Jun 28, 2013, 5:04 PM EDT
Victor Oladipo is cooler than you. Or a bigger geek than you. Or both.
Oladipo, who was selected No. 2 overall by the Orlando Magic, showed up to the NBA Draft wearing Google Glass.
That’s Google’s head-mounted computer that lets you look up things such as “who is the general manager of the Orlando Magic?” before you embarrass yourself in an interview. (No, he didn’t do that, lighten up people.)
Oladipo tried to document his draft night via the glasses. Tried to.
Oladipo was asked to take the glasses off by some NBA officials, who are simple cavemen and frightened and confused by your new technology. Of course. I’m done blaming David Stern for things, we’ll blame this one on Adam Silver. Just because.
There’s a great rundown of the night with exclusive content over at The Verge. Oladipo said he liked them and would like to buy a pair. So that makes one.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 16
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7