Jun 28, 2013, 3:29 PM EDT
It became one of the talking points of the NBA Draft broadcast — ESPN’s Bill Simmons (a Celtics fan) said Doc Rivers quit on Boston, so when Rivers was asked about that on the broadcast his response was, “I would like to call him an idiot but I’m too classy for that.”
Rivers was on the Dan Patrick Show Friday and talked about his exit from the Celtics, which frankly sounded pretty mutual according to every credible report out there. Of course, not everyone will always see it that way.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 22
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 4
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9