Jun 28, 2013, 3:29 PM EDT
It became one of the talking points of the NBA Draft broadcast — ESPN’s Bill Simmons (a Celtics fan) said Doc Rivers quit on Boston, so when Rivers was asked about that on the broadcast his response was, “I would like to call him an idiot but I’m too classy for that.”
Rivers was on the Dan Patrick Show Friday and talked about his exit from the Celtics, which frankly sounded pretty mutual according to every credible report out there. Of course, not everyone will always see it that way.
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 5
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 9
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 22
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 3
- Pacers’ troubles continue as Hawks convincingly win Game 1 32