Jun 28, 2013, 3:29 PM EDT
It became one of the talking points of the NBA Draft broadcast — ESPN’s Bill Simmons (a Celtics fan) said Doc Rivers quit on Boston, so when Rivers was asked about that on the broadcast his response was, “I would like to call him an idiot but I’m too classy for that.”
Rivers was on the Dan Patrick Show Friday and talked about his exit from the Celtics, which frankly sounded pretty mutual according to every credible report out there. Of course, not everyone will always see it that way.
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 19
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 39
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 7
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 24
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 11