Jun 28, 2013, 10:17 AM EDT
It was well played all around.
Of course the fans in Brooklyn welcomed David Stern to the podium with a chorus of boos to start the night — and over the course of the first round he played along and taunted them a little, saying he couldn’t hear them. But when it came time to make is final pick he got a respectful standing ovation from the crowd.
Then Stern introduced commissioner-in-waiting Adam Silver, and the crowd booed him.
Then Silver brought “The Dream” back out on the stage. Just well don all around.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 79
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20