Jun 28, 2013, 10:17 AM EDT
It was well played all around.
Of course the fans in Brooklyn welcomed David Stern to the podium with a chorus of boos to start the night — and over the course of the first round he played along and taunted them a little, saying he couldn’t hear them. But when it came time to make is final pick he got a respectful standing ovation from the crowd.
Then Stern introduced commissioner-in-waiting Adam Silver, and the crowd booed him.
Then Silver brought “The Dream” back out on the stage. Just well don all around.
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 29
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 22
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 42
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5