Jun 28, 2013, 10:17 AM EDT
It was well played all around.
Of course the fans in Brooklyn welcomed David Stern to the podium with a chorus of boos to start the night — and over the course of the first round he played along and taunted them a little, saying he couldn’t hear them. But when it came time to make is final pick he got a respectful standing ovation from the crowd.
Then Stern introduced commissioner-in-waiting Adam Silver, and the crowd booed him.
Then Silver brought “The Dream” back out on the stage. Just well don all around.
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 63
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 30
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 20
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 61