Jun 28, 2013, 10:17 AM EDT
It was well played all around.
Of course the fans in Brooklyn welcomed David Stern to the podium with a chorus of boos to start the night — and over the course of the first round he played along and taunted them a little, saying he couldn’t hear them. But when it came time to make is final pick he got a respectful standing ovation from the crowd.
Then Stern introduced commissioner-in-waiting Adam Silver, and the crowd booed him.
Then Silver brought “The Dream” back out on the stage. Just well don all around.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 11
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 44
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11