Jun 28, 2013, 10:17 AM EDT
It was well played all around.
Of course the fans in Brooklyn welcomed David Stern to the podium with a chorus of boos to start the night — and over the course of the first round he played along and taunted them a little, saying he couldn’t hear them. But when it came time to make is final pick he got a respectful standing ovation from the crowd.
Then Stern introduced commissioner-in-waiting Adam Silver, and the crowd booed him.
Then Silver brought “The Dream” back out on the stage. Just well don all around.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 16
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7