Jun 28, 2013, 4:38 PM EDT
Brian Shaw yelled “ball don’t lie” at an official this year and he still got the job as the head coach of the Denver Nuggets.
So why not hire Rasheed Wallace as a coach?
The idea is at least being discussed in Detroit, according to Frank Isola of the New York Daily News.
Maurice Cheeks was hired away from Oklahoma City to be the new head coach in Detroit and he is rounding out his staff.
‘Sheed is loved in Detroit, where he was a key cog in the 2004 championship team. While he marched to his own drummer, he was always popular with teammates.
Does that make him a good coach? Is he really committed to the long hours of the coaching lifestyle?
I don’t know. But if he is it would be fun to watch it happen with the Pistons.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9