Jun 28, 2013, 4:38 PM EDT
Brian Shaw yelled “ball don’t lie” at an official this year and he still got the job as the head coach of the Denver Nuggets.
So why not hire Rasheed Wallace as a coach?
The idea is at least being discussed in Detroit, according to Frank Isola of the New York Daily News.
Rasheed Wallace is in talks with the Detroit Pistons to join Maurice Cheeks coaching staff, the Daily News has learned.—
Frank Isola (@FisolaNYDN) June 28, 2013
Maurice Cheeks was hired away from Oklahoma City to be the new head coach in Detroit and he is rounding out his staff.
‘Sheed is loved in Detroit, where he was a key cog in the 2004 championship team. While he marched to his own drummer, he was always popular with teammates.
Does that make him a good coach? Is he really committed to the long hours of the coaching lifestyle?
I don’t know. But if he is it would be fun to watch it happen with the Pistons.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 0
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 13
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 19
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 22
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2