Jun 28, 2013, 4:38 PM EST
Brian Shaw yelled “ball don’t lie” at an official this year and he still got the job as the head coach of the Denver Nuggets.
So why not hire Rasheed Wallace as a coach?
The idea is at least being discussed in Detroit, according to Frank Isola of the New York Daily News.
Maurice Cheeks was hired away from Oklahoma City to be the new head coach in Detroit and he is rounding out his staff.
‘Sheed is loved in Detroit, where he was a key cog in the 2004 championship team. While he marched to his own drummer, he was always popular with teammates.
Does that make him a good coach? Is he really committed to the long hours of the coaching lifestyle?
I don’t know. But if he is it would be fun to watch it happen with the Pistons.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13