Jun 28, 2013, 4:38 PM EDT
Brian Shaw yelled “ball don’t lie” at an official this year and he still got the job as the head coach of the Denver Nuggets.
So why not hire Rasheed Wallace as a coach?
The idea is at least being discussed in Detroit, according to Frank Isola of the New York Daily News.
Maurice Cheeks was hired away from Oklahoma City to be the new head coach in Detroit and he is rounding out his staff.
‘Sheed is loved in Detroit, where he was a key cog in the 2004 championship team. While he marched to his own drummer, he was always popular with teammates.
Does that make him a good coach? Is he really committed to the long hours of the coaching lifestyle?
I don’t know. But if he is it would be fun to watch it happen with the Pistons.
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15