Jun 28, 2013, 4:38 PM EST
Brian Shaw yelled “ball don’t lie” at an official this year and he still got the job as the head coach of the Denver Nuggets.
So why not hire Rasheed Wallace as a coach?
The idea is at least being discussed in Detroit, according to Frank Isola of the New York Daily News.
Maurice Cheeks was hired away from Oklahoma City to be the new head coach in Detroit and he is rounding out his staff.
‘Sheed is loved in Detroit, where he was a key cog in the 2004 championship team. While he marched to his own drummer, he was always popular with teammates.
Does that make him a good coach? Is he really committed to the long hours of the coaching lifestyle?
I don’t know. But if he is it would be fun to watch it happen with the Pistons.
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 0
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 2
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 19
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 9
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 33
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7