Jun 28, 2013, 1:46 PM EDT
This doesn’t mean Andre Iguodala is a lock to leave Denver, it just means the man wants the security of a multi-year deal. Whether he gets that with Denver is the question.
Iguodala has officially opted out of the last year of his contract in Denver as was expected, reports Chris Broussard at ESPN.
Iguodala was a key part of Denver’s 57-win success last year — he is their perimeter defensive anchor, he scored 13.4 points a game with 5.5 rebounds and 5.6 assists. He was the glue guy for that roster that made everything work better.
He also made $14.9 million last season, which is a lot of money. He almost certainly takes a haircut in annual salary to get four years of guaranteed money. He’s age 29, so he should be productive through that entire deal.
Denver is going to have a shot to keep him, but are they going to pay the man, or is another team going to have room to swoop in and pick him up? We’ll find out starting Monday.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
Projecting Cleveland’s win total based on its minute distribution against the Bulls
Oct 21, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
Celtics waived Lucas during offseason that saw him traded twice
Oct 21, 2014, 8:36 AM EDT
Celtics point guard, coach Brad Stevens leave open possibility of Rondo not missing any games after breaking hand
Oct 21, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
He had 30 points on 18 shots.
Oct 21, 2014, 12:05 AM EDT
Clippers point guard on his own level in post-Magic Johnson NBA
Oct 20, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Carter still has some bounce.
Oct 20, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
Rondo praises head coach Brad Stevens’ success on the college level.
Oct 20, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
He still has an antitrust suit pending against the NBA.
Oct 20, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
It’s only preseason, but the 2011 league MVP looks like his old self.
Oct 20, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
The proposed changes would give the four worst teams the same odds of winning the No. 1 pick in the draft.
Oct 20, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
He’s moving well considered what happened to his leg just back in July.
Oct 20, 2014, 6:23 PM EDT
So does ‘Nique and Chris Webber.
Oct 20, 2014, 5:33 PM EDT
Well, there are worse things on television.
Oct 20, 2014, 4:52 PM EDT
Steve Koonin promoting Hawks’ season opener, which includes T.I. performances
Oct 20, 2014, 4:07 PM EDT
The real question is who will be the better team by late May.
Oct 20, 2014, 3:33 PM EDT
When Stephenson brought his game to Charlotte this season, he clearly brought the flopping with him.
Oct 20, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
How will Indiana score?
Oct 20, 2014, 2:18 PM EDT
Anonymous executives, agents slam Kobe in ESPN article
Oct 20, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
Detroit also cuts Brian Cook, Josh Bostic and Lorenzo Brown
Oct 20, 2014, 12:58 PM EDT
I’m unconvinced one had much to do with the other
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 33
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 69
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 3
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31