Jun 28, 2013, 1:46 PM EST
This doesn’t mean Andre Iguodala is a lock to leave Denver, it just means the man wants the security of a multi-year deal. Whether he gets that with Denver is the question.
Iguodala has officially opted out of the last year of his contract in Denver as was expected, reports Chris Broussard at ESPN.
Iguodala was a key part of Denver’s 57-win success last year — he is their perimeter defensive anchor, he scored 13.4 points a game with 5.5 rebounds and 5.6 assists. He was the glue guy for that roster that made everything work better.
He also made $14.9 million last season, which is a lot of money. He almost certainly takes a haircut in annual salary to get four years of guaranteed money. He’s age 29, so he should be productive through that entire deal.
Denver is going to have a shot to keep him, but are they going to pay the man, or is another team going to have room to swoop in and pick him up? We’ll find out starting Monday.
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 0
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 10
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 47
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12