Jun 27, 2013, 10:24 AM EDT
People who want to make everyone around them happy come off as indecisive — they tell everyone what they want to hear and they are prone to changing their minds multiple times on one decision.
Which is to say nobody really knows for sure what Dwight Howard is going to do as a free agent. Nobody. Not even Dwight Howard.
That said, there is more and more buzz around the league that Howard is going to bolt the Lakers after one season. That despite the pretty banners the Lakers put up on the Staples Center building and everything. Here’s the latest, from Chris Broussard of ESPN.
What Broussard writes is the prevailing theory around the league right now, the way the wind is blowing a few days before free agency opens (teams can call players at midnight when Sunday becomes Monday). And if you wonder where the leaks are coming from, well, remember how leaky Howard’s side was when he wanted out of Orlando?
But with Howard, the wind can change direction at any minute for any reason. So if you are a Rockets or Lakers or Mavericks fan waiting on him, enjoy the coming roller coaster ride.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 7
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 5
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7