Jun 27, 2013, 10:24 AM EST
People who want to make everyone around them happy come off as indecisive — they tell everyone what they want to hear and they are prone to changing their minds multiple times on one decision.
Which is to say nobody really knows for sure what Dwight Howard is going to do as a free agent. Nobody. Not even Dwight Howard.
That said, there is more and more buzz around the league that Howard is going to bolt the Lakers after one season. That despite the pretty banners the Lakers put up on the Staples Center building and everything. Here’s the latest, from Chris Broussard of ESPN.
What Broussard writes is the prevailing theory around the league right now, the way the wind is blowing a few days before free agency opens (teams can call players at midnight when Sunday becomes Monday). And if you wonder where the leaks are coming from, well, remember how leaky Howard’s side was when he wanted out of Orlando?
But with Howard, the wind can change direction at any minute for any reason. So if you are a Rockets or Lakers or Mavericks fan waiting on him, enjoy the coming roller coaster ride.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16