Jun 27, 2013, 4:19 PM EST
Joakim Noah does not like the Miami Heat. It shows in his play against them. In a sports world where these guys all know each other and are buddies off the court, it’s a throwback to have someone who just can’t stand the other jerseys.
Which means he didn’t really enjoy how the NBA Finals ended.
“At first I said I didn’t care, but I was lying to myself,” Noah told For The Win at The Steve Nash Foundation Showdown in New York City Wednesday night. “I was driving in my car and I just didn’t feel good about it at all after they won.
“Well you know what? It’s going to be extra motivation to work extra hard in the offseason and I feel like we’ll be the team that beats them next year.”
I don’t know if the Chicago Bulls, with a healthy Derrick Rose (and healthy Noah, and healthy Luol Deng) can beat the Heat. But I’d like to finally see a fair fight, because the last two years it has not been.
“I think we’re pretty close,” (Noah) said. “We got a lot of work to do. We don’t like them, they don’t like us, but at the end of the day, you gotta give credit where credit is due. They’re a very good team, but we feel like if we’re healthy, we’ll have our shot.”
Hopefully we get to see that next year.
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 5
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 10
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 23
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 44
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 17