Jun 27, 2013, 4:19 PM EST
Joakim Noah does not like the Miami Heat. It shows in his play against them. In a sports world where these guys all know each other and are buddies off the court, it’s a throwback to have someone who just can’t stand the other jerseys.
Which means he didn’t really enjoy how the NBA Finals ended.
“At first I said I didn’t care, but I was lying to myself,” Noah told For The Win at The Steve Nash Foundation Showdown in New York City Wednesday night. “I was driving in my car and I just didn’t feel good about it at all after they won.
“Well you know what? It’s going to be extra motivation to work extra hard in the offseason and I feel like we’ll be the team that beats them next year.”
I don’t know if the Chicago Bulls, with a healthy Derrick Rose (and healthy Noah, and healthy Luol Deng) can beat the Heat. But I’d like to finally see a fair fight, because the last two years it has not been.
“I think we’re pretty close,” (Noah) said. “We got a lot of work to do. We don’t like them, they don’t like us, but at the end of the day, you gotta give credit where credit is due. They’re a very good team, but we feel like if we’re healthy, we’ll have our shot.”
Hopefully we get to see that next year.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 16
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 61
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13