Joakim Noah did not like seeing Miami winning another ring

Jun 27, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT

Heat's James drives past Bulls' Joakim Noah during the fourth quarter in Game 5 of their NBA Eastern Conference semi-final basketball playoff in Miam Reuters

Joakim Noah does not like the Miami Heat. It shows in his play against them. In a sports world where these guys all know each other and are buddies off the court, it’s a throwback to have someone who just can’t stand the other jerseys.

Which means he didn’t really enjoy how the NBA Finals ended.

He admitted as much speaking with the USA Today’s blog For The Win.

“At first I said I didn’t care, but I was lying to myself,” Noah told For The Win at The Steve Nash Foundation Showdown in New York City Wednesday night. “I was driving in my car and I just didn’t feel good about it at all after they won.

“Well you know what? It’s going to be extra motivation to work extra hard in the offseason and I feel like we’ll be the team that beats them next year.”

I don’t know if the Chicago Bulls, with a healthy Derrick Rose (and healthy Noah, and healthy Luol Deng) can beat the Heat. But I’d like to finally see a fair fight, because the last two years it has not been.

“I think we’re pretty close,” (Noah) said. “We got a lot of work to do. We don’t like them, they don’t like us, but at the end of the day, you gotta give credit where credit is due. They’re a very good team, but we feel like if we’re healthy, we’ll have our shot.”

Hopefully we get to see that next year.

1. losanginsight - Jun 28, 2013 at 3:16 PM

This is the heart that Dwight Coward does not have.

• Santi - Jun 29, 2013 at 9:12 PM

This is also the heart that Derrick Rose doesn’t have.

2. cwilson6843 - Jun 28, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Its the off season. He just won his second ring. He deserves to relax. But when game time is around the corner you can best believe he will be ready and focused. Nobody has better work ethic

3. jimeejohnson - Jun 28, 2013 at 9:24 PM

LeBron James is the best basketball player in the world.

4. sportsnut101 - Jun 28, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Bulls can’t beat heat in 7 game series. Bulls can’t score. I’m all for def. but u have to be able to score sumtimes in clutch

Bulls were injured this yr n played better then anyone thought

They need a real bench n a sg. N tibs gotta stop playing everyone 45 min gees

• Santi - Jun 29, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Yup, these guys are always hurt because Thibs has no faith in his bench and plays guys crazy minutes all year, so they start breaking down and adding injuries to their bodies as the season ends.

He’s a good coach not a great coach, a great coach understands what’s more important and sacrifices regular season wins to be healthy for when it matters most.

5. Santi - Jun 29, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Who cares what Noah thinks?
    He lost to the Heat.
    He also lost to the Heat when Chicago had a better team than this year.
    When Rose was the MVP and healthy. When Deng was playing great.
    When Noah and Boozer were playing well.
    And Miami didn’t have Ray Allen. They didn’t have Battier, or Birdman.
    Lebron didn’t have a post game. Wade was hurt as always.
    And Miami won.

Who cares what Noah thinks, they beat him. He’s not supposed to like watching them win it all.

6. iceonmypinky85 - Jul 3, 2013 at 5:54 PM

If I’m a Chicago Bull player, fan or affiliate I’m totally confounded on why they haven’t made a move to get better in seemingly YEARS. If they are under the presumption that they can keep the same team and Be a viable threat to the Heat they’re in for a rude awakening. It just seems as if I never hear the Chicago Bulls in any type of trade talks and such..

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches