Jun 26, 2013, 3:55 PM EDT
NEW YORK – It’s difficult to find a credible NBA Draft projection that doesn’t have Otto Porter going No. 3 to the Wizards, and it makes a lot of sense.
The Cavaliers at No. 1 seem to be eying a big man like Nerlens Noel or Alex Len, and Porter has never really been seriously linked with the Magic at No. 2.
At No. 3, Porter could be the best prospect available. Plus, Washington could use a small forward, especially considering Martell Webster will be a free agent this summer. Plus, Porter played his Georgetown games at the same arena where the Wizards play. Plus, the Wizards seem to be gearing up for a playoff run next season, and Porter is a very developed player.
There’s just a whole lot that add ups, which is why nearly everyone is predicting Porter will be the third pick. But count Porter among the skeptics.
“I wouldn’t be surprised,” said Porter, who worked out with the Wizards, Cavaliers and Magic, of the possibility of getting picked elsewhere. “Any place I go, I feel like it will feel just like D.C. , just being comfortable and just playing my game.”
One thing Porter is certain of: he’s more prepared to play at the next level than any other player in this draft class.
“I definitely think I do have the most NBA game,” Porter said.
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 2
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 18
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11