Jun 26, 2013, 3:55 PM EST
NEW YORK – It’s difficult to find a credible NBA Draft projection that doesn’t have Otto Porter going No. 3 to the Wizards, and it makes a lot of sense.
The Cavaliers at No. 1 seem to be eying a big man like Nerlens Noel or Alex Len, and Porter has never really been seriously linked with the Magic at No. 2.
At No. 3, Porter could be the best prospect available. Plus, Washington could use a small forward, especially considering Martell Webster will be a free agent this summer. Plus, Porter played his Georgetown games at the same arena where the Wizards play. Plus, the Wizards seem to be gearing up for a playoff run next season, and Porter is a very developed player.
There’s just a whole lot that add ups, which is why nearly everyone is predicting Porter will be the third pick. But count Porter among the skeptics.
“I wouldn’t be surprised,” said Porter, who worked out with the Wizards, Cavaliers and Magic, of the possibility of getting picked elsewhere. “Any place I go, I feel like it will feel just like D.C. , just being comfortable and just playing my game.”
One thing Porter is certain of: he’s more prepared to play at the next level than any other player in this draft class.
“I definitely think I do have the most NBA game,” Porter said.
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 0
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 1
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 5
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 14
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)