Jun 26, 2013, 3:55 PM EDT
NEW YORK – It’s difficult to find a credible NBA Draft projection that doesn’t have Otto Porter going No. 3 to the Wizards, and it makes a lot of sense.
The Cavaliers at No. 1 seem to be eying a big man like Nerlens Noel or Alex Len, and Porter has never really been seriously linked with the Magic at No. 2.
At No. 3, Porter could be the best prospect available. Plus, Washington could use a small forward, especially considering Martell Webster will be a free agent this summer. Plus, Porter played his Georgetown games at the same arena where the Wizards play. Plus, the Wizards seem to be gearing up for a playoff run next season, and Porter is a very developed player.
There’s just a whole lot that add ups, which is why nearly everyone is predicting Porter will be the third pick. But count Porter among the skeptics.
“I wouldn’t be surprised,” said Porter, who worked out with the Wizards, Cavaliers and Magic, of the possibility of getting picked elsewhere. “Any place I go, I feel like it will feel just like D.C. , just being comfortable and just playing my game.”
One thing Porter is certain of: he’s more prepared to play at the next level than any other player in this draft class.
“I definitely think I do have the most NBA game,” Porter said.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 14
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 10
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25