Jun 26, 2013, 2:15 PM EDT
There are going to be a number of draft day trades this year and the situation will be fluid and unpredictable.
But if you can bet on one thing, it is the Rockets trading Thomas Robinson. They need to move his $3.5 million to offer Dwight Howard a max contract and the Rockets are certainly in the mix to land Howard.
So where do they trade Robinson? Marc Stein of ESPN heard rumblings.
If the Rockets get those picks, look for them to draft a player such as Sergey Karasev or Dennis Schroeder who could be stashed overseas for a year or two, freeing up that salary to go after Howard. They may draft a player they like and make another roster move before July 1 (or just after) to free up the cap space.
Robinson would be a good fit on either the Bulls or Cavaliers… or 20 other teams around the league. More offers may come in to Houston (in fact, wouldn’t you leak this if you were the Rockets hoping to get a better offer?).
The Rockets are right up there with the Lakers in terms of the buzz around the league about who lands Howard. Who has the advantage depends upon whom you ask.
Howard is indecisive because he wants to be liked and wants to make everyone happy, and it’s impossible to predict the decisions of people like that.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 14
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 10
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25