Jun 26, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
Down year or not, there is some real excitement around the NBA Draft. It’s just fun to think about and project the future.
We talk the Cavaliers and the No. 1 pick — if they grade out Nerlens Noel as the best player (and they have seen more of him healthy than any other team, their staff was at Kentucky practices all the time) then take him. Talent wins out, take the best player and be patient.
Then we talk draft day trades (expect plenty of them them) and we talk shooting guards — Ben McLemore and Victor Oladipo. I misspeak in the video — Oladipo has the HIGHER floor according to most people around the league. McLemore has the higher ceiling but nobody thinks Oladipo will be a bust and guys who will bring effort are attractive to coaches and GMs.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 27
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18