Jun 26, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
Down year or not, there is some real excitement around the NBA Draft. It’s just fun to think about and project the future.
We talk the Cavaliers and the No. 1 pick — if they grade out Nerlens Noel as the best player (and they have seen more of him healthy than any other team, their staff was at Kentucky practices all the time) then take him. Talent wins out, take the best player and be patient.
Then we talk draft day trades (expect plenty of them them) and we talk shooting guards — Ben McLemore and Victor Oladipo. I misspeak in the video — Oladipo has the HIGHER floor according to most people around the league. McLemore has the higher ceiling but nobody thinks Oladipo will be a bust and guys who will bring effort are attractive to coaches and GMs.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 1
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 0
- Dwight Howard’s drivers’ license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 8
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 48
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29