Jun 26, 2013, 8:15 PM EST
Down year or not, there is some real excitement around the NBA Draft. It’s just fun to think about and project the future.
We talk the Cavaliers and the No. 1 pick — if they grade out Nerlens Noel as the best player (and they have seen more of him healthy than any other team, their staff was at Kentucky practices all the time) then take him. Talent wins out, take the best player and be patient.
Then we talk draft day trades (expect plenty of them them) and we talk shooting guards — Ben McLemore and Victor Oladipo. I misspeak in the video — Oladipo has the HIGHER floor according to most people around the league. McLemore has the higher ceiling but nobody thinks Oladipo will be a bust and guys who will bring effort are attractive to coaches and GMs.
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 0
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15