Jun 26, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
Down year or not, there is some real excitement around the NBA Draft. It’s just fun to think about and project the future.
We talk the Cavaliers and the No. 1 pick — if they grade out Nerlens Noel as the best player (and they have seen more of him healthy than any other team, their staff was at Kentucky practices all the time) then take him. Talent wins out, take the best player and be patient.
Then we talk draft day trades (expect plenty of them them) and we talk shooting guards — Ben McLemore and Victor Oladipo. I misspeak in the video — Oladipo has the HIGHER floor according to most people around the league. McLemore has the higher ceiling but nobody thinks Oladipo will be a bust and guys who will bring effort are attractive to coaches and GMs.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 0
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 13
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 19
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 22
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2