Jun 26, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
Down year or not, there is some real excitement around the NBA Draft. It’s just fun to think about and project the future.
We talk the Cavaliers and the No. 1 pick — if they grade out Nerlens Noel as the best player (and they have seen more of him healthy than any other team, their staff was at Kentucky practices all the time) then take him. Talent wins out, take the best player and be patient.
Then we talk draft day trades (expect plenty of them them) and we talk shooting guards — Ben McLemore and Victor Oladipo. I misspeak in the video — Oladipo has the HIGHER floor according to most people around the league. McLemore has the higher ceiling but nobody thinks Oladipo will be a bust and guys who will bring effort are attractive to coaches and GMs.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 3
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 13
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 12
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36