Jun 26, 2013, 5:32 PM EDT
NEW YORK – If you thought LeBron James was in the zone during Game 7 of the NBA Finals, Ben McLemore says he wasn’t far behind.
McLemore, while rooting for LeBron and the Heat, said he had a pretty good performance of his own.
First of all, he predicted Miami would win. And then he kept making predictions once the game began.
“I was calling a lot of plays before they happened,” McLemore said. “I called ‘miracle shot.’ When Mario Chalmers hit that shot before the fourth quarter, I called that shot.”
If NBA evaluators are convinced McLemore sees the floor that well – many question whether he seizes enough opportunities to be aggressive – he’ll get picked near the high end of his projected range during tomorrow’s NBA Draft.
The Kansas guard said he deserves to be in contention for the No. 1 pick. Asked whether he believes there’s still a chance the Cavaliers will pick him there, McLemore gave a one-word answer.
“Yes,” he said.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 21
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65