Jun 26, 2013, 5:32 PM EDT
NEW YORK – If you thought LeBron James was in the zone during Game 7 of the NBA Finals, Ben McLemore says he wasn’t far behind.
McLemore, while rooting for LeBron and the Heat, said he had a pretty good performance of his own.
First of all, he predicted Miami would win. And then he kept making predictions once the game began.
“I was calling a lot of plays before they happened,” McLemore said. “I called ‘miracle shot.’ When Mario Chalmers hit that shot before the fourth quarter, I called that shot.”
If NBA evaluators are convinced McLemore sees the floor that well – many question whether he seizes enough opportunities to be aggressive – he’ll get picked near the high end of his projected range during tomorrow’s NBA Draft.
The Kansas guard said he deserves to be in contention for the No. 1 pick. Asked whether he believes there’s still a chance the Cavaliers will pick him there, McLemore gave a one-word answer.
“Yes,” he said.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 26
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2