Jun 25, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
Remember the reported 10 players invited to the NBA Draft green room? Add one more to the list.
Georgia guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope is one of the top, select NBA prospects to have been invited to the green room at the NBA Draft on June 27, a league source informed CSNNW.com.
Caldwell-Pope’s name wasn’t included in a list of prospects reported last week to have received invitations, but the league notified him of the invitation last week, the source said.
That’s a good omen for Caldwell-Pope, an quality athlete who can hit 3s and defend wings. The NBA invites only players who seem pretty safe to go high in the draft, and Caldwell-Pope – especially in the eyes of many statistical breakdowns – has cemented himself as a lottery pick.
Among the more notable players who haven’t been reported to be invited to the green room are Pittsburgh center Steven Adams and UCLA forward Shabazz Muhammad. But, if this example shows anything, maybe they’ve already been invited. The NBA also often invites more players closer to the draft as their expected ranges become more understood.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 36
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 4
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 37
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 10