Jun 25, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Remember the reported 10 players invited to the NBA Draft green room? Add one more to the list.
Georgia guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope is one of the top, select NBA prospects to have been invited to the green room at the NBA Draft on June 27, a league source informed CSNNW.com.
Caldwell-Pope’s name wasn’t included in a list of prospects reported last week to have received invitations, but the league notified him of the invitation last week, the source said.
That’s a good omen for Caldwell-Pope, an quality athlete who can hit 3s and defend wings. The NBA invites only players who seem pretty safe to go high in the draft, and Caldwell-Pope – especially in the eyes of many statistical breakdowns – has cemented himself as a lottery pick.
Among the more notable players who haven’t been reported to be invited to the green room are Pittsburgh center Steven Adams and UCLA forward Shabazz Muhammad. But, if this example shows anything, maybe they’ve already been invited. The NBA also often invites more players closer to the draft as their expected ranges become more understood.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 10
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32