Jun 25, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Remember the reported 10 players invited to the NBA Draft green room? Add one more to the list.
Georgia guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope is one of the top, select NBA prospects to have been invited to the green room at the NBA Draft on June 27, a league source informed CSNNW.com.
Caldwell-Pope’s name wasn’t included in a list of prospects reported last week to have received invitations, but the league notified him of the invitation last week, the source said.
That’s a good omen for Caldwell-Pope, an quality athlete who can hit 3s and defend wings. The NBA invites only players who seem pretty safe to go high in the draft, and Caldwell-Pope – especially in the eyes of many statistical breakdowns – has cemented himself as a lottery pick.
Among the more notable players who haven’t been reported to be invited to the green room are Pittsburgh center Steven Adams and UCLA forward Shabazz Muhammad. But, if this example shows anything, maybe they’ve already been invited. The NBA also often invites more players closer to the draft as their expected ranges become more understood.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 5
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 5
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 9
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 18
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 9
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31