Jun 25, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Remember the reported 10 players invited to the NBA Draft green room? Add one more to the list.
Georgia guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope is one of the top, select NBA prospects to have been invited to the green room at the NBA Draft on June 27, a league source informed CSNNW.com.
Caldwell-Pope’s name wasn’t included in a list of prospects reported last week to have received invitations, but the league notified him of the invitation last week, the source said.
That’s a good omen for Caldwell-Pope, an quality athlete who can hit 3s and defend wings. The NBA invites only players who seem pretty safe to go high in the draft, and Caldwell-Pope – especially in the eyes of many statistical breakdowns – has cemented himself as a lottery pick.
Among the more notable players who haven’t been reported to be invited to the green room are Pittsburgh center Steven Adams and UCLA forward Shabazz Muhammad. But, if this example shows anything, maybe they’ve already been invited. The NBA also often invites more players closer to the draft as their expected ranges become more understood.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 10
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 9
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 39
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 33
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 10