Jun 25, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Remember the reported 10 players invited to the NBA Draft green room? Add one more to the list.
Georgia guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope is one of the top, select NBA prospects to have been invited to the green room at the NBA Draft on June 27, a league source informed CSNNW.com.
Caldwell-Pope’s name wasn’t included in a list of prospects reported last week to have received invitations, but the league notified him of the invitation last week, the source said.
That’s a good omen for Caldwell-Pope, an quality athlete who can hit 3s and defend wings. The NBA invites only players who seem pretty safe to go high in the draft, and Caldwell-Pope – especially in the eyes of many statistical breakdowns – has cemented himself as a lottery pick.
Among the more notable players who haven’t been reported to be invited to the green room are Pittsburgh center Steven Adams and UCLA forward Shabazz Muhammad. But, if this example shows anything, maybe they’ve already been invited. The NBA also often invites more players closer to the draft as their expected ranges become more understood.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 11
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 38
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 22
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 100
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27