Jun 25, 2013, 9:15 AM EDT
Here is a quick roundup of some NBA Draft rumors floating around Tuesday morning:
• The Cleveland Cavaliers are still shopping the No. 1 pick around and trying to trade out of that spot. While other names come up (because there is no dominant player in this draft) expect Nerlens Noel to be the No. 1 overall pick.
But who makes that pick? Cleveland or someone else? Like I said they are shopping it around and Chad Ford at ESPN has some names.
Sources say the Thunder, Timberwolves and Blazers have been the most proactive in trying to get the No. 1 pick — but so far neither team has persuaded the Cavs to move out of the top pick.
In the Trail Blazers case the Cavaliers reportedly asked for LaMarcus Aldridge and to swap the No. 1 and No. 19 picks, Ford reported. When Portland was done laughing at that offer they may have had a counter — that deal is not happening but consider it a starting point for negotiations.
• My gut feel, the Cavaliers will take Noel with the No. 1 overall pick.
• If the Cavaliers go with Alex Len or another team takes Victor Oladipo at No. 1, expect the Magic to grab Noel at No. 2.
• Denver is shopping the No. 27 pick, the Pacers are shopping the No. 23 pick (but you have to take on Gerald Green‘s contract with it). Basically you can get a pick in the 20s for a song right now, there are a lot of them available.
• The Sacramento Kings new management is seeing what the market is for Jimmer Fredette and if they can get a No. 1 pick for him, reports Chad Ford of ESPN.
• We told you already that the Nets were shopping MarShon Brooks and we speculated they might want one of Minnesota’s plethora of backup point guards. Or, they might want the No. 26 pick in the draft, Chad Ford suggests. They should be able to get more for Brooks.
Apr 17, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
Adidas rolls the dice on a young guard with potential. Not a bad business plan.
Apr 17, 2014, 5:57 PM EDT
Both are likely first round picks in the teens or early 20s.
The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next
Apr 17, 2014, 4:53 PM EDT
What affect will Jefferson have on the development of Kemba Walker, Bismack Biyombo, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Cody Zeller?
Apr 17, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
Raptors fans are pumped for the playoffs.
Apr 17, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Can you blame them?
Apr 17, 2014, 3:59 PM EDT
Ballots show a tight race
Apr 17, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
It really comes down to this: Does he trust Phil Jackson and Knicks management to build a winner quickly?
Apr 17, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
You put your money where your heart is, and your heart clearly follows LeBron James and the Heat.
Apr 17, 2014, 2:11 PM EDT
Bucks didn’t win back-to-back games all season
Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season
Apr 17, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
Kobe may be in France but he still had time to tweet Lakers fans and tell them things will be better next season.
Apr 17, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
He is as high on some boards as No. 1, but likely goes No. 3. However no freshman near the top of this board will have a bigger immediate impact in the NBA — his offensive game is NBA ready.
Apr 17, 2014, 12:10 PM EDT
This both has been expected and is mutual, according to the buzz around the league.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:20 AM EDT
Hill previously reported to be a candidate for a job
Apr 17, 2014, 10:44 AM EDT
Pistons forward: ‘I’ve censored myself’
Apr 17, 2014, 10:11 AM EDT
Get ready for an intense playoff series
Apr 17, 2014, 9:40 AM EDT
Irving talks as if he wants to stay in Cleveland
Apr 17, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
Clear out your calendar.
Apr 17, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Tight 1-2 race
Apr 17, 2014, 2:10 AM EDT
On the season Kevin Durant averaged 32 points, seven rebounds and five assists a game. Not too shabby.
Apr 17, 2014, 12:07 AM EDT
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 2
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 20
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 31
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 45
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 33