Jun 25, 2013, 9:15 AM EDT
Here is a quick roundup of some NBA Draft rumors floating around Tuesday morning:
• The Cleveland Cavaliers are still shopping the No. 1 pick around and trying to trade out of that spot. While other names come up (because there is no dominant player in this draft) expect Nerlens Noel to be the No. 1 overall pick.
But who makes that pick? Cleveland or someone else? Like I said they are shopping it around and Chad Ford at ESPN has some names.
Sources say the Thunder, Timberwolves and Blazers have been the most proactive in trying to get the No. 1 pick — but so far neither team has persuaded the Cavs to move out of the top pick.
In the Trail Blazers case the Cavaliers reportedly asked for LaMarcus Aldridge and to swap the No. 1 and No. 19 picks, Ford reported. When Portland was done laughing at that offer they may have had a counter — that deal is not happening but consider it a starting point for negotiations.
• My gut feel, the Cavaliers will take Noel with the No. 1 overall pick.
• If the Cavaliers go with Alex Len or another team takes Victor Oladipo at No. 1, expect the Magic to grab Noel at No. 2.
• Denver is shopping the No. 27 pick, the Pacers are shopping the No. 23 pick (but you have to take on Gerald Green‘s contract with it). Basically you can get a pick in the 20s for a song right now, there are a lot of them available.
• The Sacramento Kings new management is seeing what the market is for Jimmer Fredette and if they can get a No. 1 pick for him, reports Chad Ford of ESPN.
• We told you already that the Nets were shopping MarShon Brooks and we speculated they might want one of Minnesota’s plethora of backup point guards. Or, they might want the No. 26 pick in the draft, Chad Ford suggests. They should be able to get more for Brooks.
Apr 25, 2015, 10:50 PM EDT
Golden State wins Game 4, 109-98
Apr 25, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Milwaukee forced 26 Chicago turnovers, a season high.
Mark Cuban shouts at Adam Silver to complain about foul calls during Mavericks’ Game 3 loss to Rockets
Apr 25, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
Silver was in attendance for Game 3 between the Mavericks and the Rockets.
Apr 25, 2015, 6:59 PM EDT
Nets now trail the Hawks 2-1 in the series.
Apr 25, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
Apr 25, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets
Apr 25, 2015, 2:29 PM EDT
“The officials [have] got to get that stuff under control, because there’s too much physical stuff going on. Howard is throwing people all over the place,” Carlisle said.
Report: ‘No scenario’ where Kawhi Leonard will pursue offer sheets as a restricted free agent this summer
Apr 25, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
Spurs and Leonard are a perfect match.
Mavericks coach Carlisle rips officials, claims ‘there’s too much physical stuff going on’ after Game 3 loss to Rockets
Apr 25, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
Apr 25, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
Pierce did the same thing to the Raptors a year ago when he was with the Nets.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
The Spurs are Kawhi Leonard’s team now.
Apr 25, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
These feel like Stephen Curry’s playoffs.
Apr 25, 2015, 1:28 AM EDT
Leonard was fantastic at both ends of the court.
Apr 25, 2015, 12:18 AM EDT
The Wizards are moving on. That’s the Truth.
Apr 24, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Dwight Howard grabbed 26 rebounds, too.
Apr 24, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
Portland, down 0-2 to Memphis, needs all the help it can get.
Apr 24, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
NBA continues its technological push.
Apr 24, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
Parker is going to finish his degree at Duke.
Apr 24, 2015, 6:45 PM EDT
The Warriors eventually won in overtime regardless.
Apr 24, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
Looking past the first round to some of the more exciting later matchups to come.
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 4
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 9
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7