Jun 25, 2013, 9:15 AM EDT
Here is a quick roundup of some NBA Draft rumors floating around Tuesday morning:
• The Cleveland Cavaliers are still shopping the No. 1 pick around and trying to trade out of that spot. While other names come up (because there is no dominant player in this draft) expect Nerlens Noel to be the No. 1 overall pick.
But who makes that pick? Cleveland or someone else? Like I said they are shopping it around and Chad Ford at ESPN has some names.
Sources say the Thunder, Timberwolves and Blazers have been the most proactive in trying to get the No. 1 pick — but so far neither team has persuaded the Cavs to move out of the top pick.
In the Trail Blazers case the Cavaliers reportedly asked for LaMarcus Aldridge and to swap the No. 1 and No. 19 picks, Ford reported. When Portland was done laughing at that offer they may have had a counter — that deal is not happening but consider it a starting point for negotiations.
• My gut feel, the Cavaliers will take Noel with the No. 1 overall pick.
• If the Cavaliers go with Alex Len or another team takes Victor Oladipo at No. 1, expect the Magic to grab Noel at No. 2.
• Denver is shopping the No. 27 pick, the Pacers are shopping the No. 23 pick (but you have to take on Gerald Green‘s contract with it). Basically you can get a pick in the 20s for a song right now, there are a lot of them available.
• The Sacramento Kings new management is seeing what the market is for Jimmer Fredette and if they can get a No. 1 pick for him, reports Chad Ford of ESPN.
• We told you already that the Nets were shopping MarShon Brooks and we speculated they might want one of Minnesota’s plethora of backup point guards. Or, they might want the No. 26 pick in the draft, Chad Ford suggests. They should be able to get more for Brooks.
Jul 4, 2015, 12:21 PM EDT
Biggest name left in free agency will make San Antonio a powerhouse.
Jul 4, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
Cuban believes Jordan can average 20 points, 20 rebounds per game.
Jul 4, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
Fits with West’s desire to play for a contender, but he’d have to take very little money to sign there.
Jul 4, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
The Clippers went small the final five minutes of Game 7 against the Spurs, and it worked.
Jul 4, 2015, 7:00 AM EDT
McRae was the 58th overall pick in the 2014 draft, and is a member of Philadelphia’s Summer League squad.
Jul 4, 2015, 12:33 AM EDT
At this price, it’s a fair pickup for New Yor, giving hem another role player.
Jul 3, 2015, 11:03 PM EDT
Hopefully Scott Skiles will play Harris this time.
Jul 3, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Curry is just that good.
Jul 3, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
A big reason Jordan left L.A. to sign with the Mavericks.
Jul 3, 2015, 7:37 PM EDT
Beverley’s defense provides a perfect complement to James Harden.
Jul 3, 2015, 7:34 PM EDT
Rondo is not exactly going to space the floor for Cousins.
Jul 3, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
They would make solid backups at a fair price.
Jul 3, 2015, 6:27 PM EDT
He is a good fit in the Rockets’ up-tempo system.
Jul 3, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
She’s a San Antonio assistant coach
Jul 3, 2015, 4:31 PM EDT
Key for the Wizards is this is a one-year deal, so they save their cap space for a Kevin Durant offer next summer.
Jul 3, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
This is a huge blow to the Clippers roster.
Jul 3, 2015, 3:40 PM EDT
This was expected, now the Knicks move forward with Robin Lopez.
Jul 3, 2015, 2:52 PM EDT
Solid deal in a vacuum, but in Sacramento…
Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind)
Jul 3, 2015, 1:58 PM EDT
More evidence Jordan won’t pick Knicks
Jul 3, 2015, 1:35 PM EDT
Washington could land David West
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 40
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 39
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 56
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6