Jun 25, 2013, 9:15 AM EDT
Here is a quick roundup of some NBA Draft rumors floating around Tuesday morning:
• The Cleveland Cavaliers are still shopping the No. 1 pick around and trying to trade out of that spot. While other names come up (because there is no dominant player in this draft) expect Nerlens Noel to be the No. 1 overall pick.
But who makes that pick? Cleveland or someone else? Like I said they are shopping it around and Chad Ford at ESPN has some names.
Sources say the Thunder, Timberwolves and Blazers have been the most proactive in trying to get the No. 1 pick — but so far neither team has persuaded the Cavs to move out of the top pick.
In the Trail Blazers case the Cavaliers reportedly asked for LaMarcus Aldridge and to swap the No. 1 and No. 19 picks, Ford reported. When Portland was done laughing at that offer they may have had a counter — that deal is not happening but consider it a starting point for negotiations.
• My gut feel, the Cavaliers will take Noel with the No. 1 overall pick.
• If the Cavaliers go with Alex Len or another team takes Victor Oladipo at No. 1, expect the Magic to grab Noel at No. 2.
• Denver is shopping the No. 27 pick, the Pacers are shopping the No. 23 pick (but you have to take on Gerald Green‘s contract with it). Basically you can get a pick in the 20s for a song right now, there are a lot of them available.
• The Sacramento Kings new management is seeing what the market is for Jimmer Fredette and if they can get a No. 1 pick for him, reports Chad Ford of ESPN.
• We told you already that the Nets were shopping MarShon Brooks and we speculated they might want one of Minnesota’s plethora of backup point guards. Or, they might want the No. 26 pick in the draft, Chad Ford suggests. They should be able to get more for Brooks.
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 10
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 51
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10