Jun 24, 2013, 7:41 PM EDT
How about adding MarShon Brooks to the mix?
The Nets have been involved in discussions of a trade that would send MarShon Brooks to the Timberwolves, multiple sources told the Daily News.
Minnesota has shown interest in the third-year guard out of Providence, calling around the league for feedback and initiating trade discussions. Talks have not escalated to anything serious or imminent at the moment, according to a source. However, another source said that a proposal is on the table waiting for the Timberwolves’ approval.
The Nets want likely want a point guard in return, they will lose C.J. Watson to free agency. Backup point guards are something the Timberwolves have in abundance — Alexey Schved, J.J. Barea and Luke Ridnour.
To make any of those trades work the Nets (who are over the luxury tax and have limits on what they can do) will have to throw more into the deal to make it work. Maybe a draft pick or a young player.
Brooks scored 12.6 points a game and showed some promise as a rookie. His game developed some but we didn’t get to see much of it as he was squeezed out of the rotation by Joe Johnson (and Watson). That said, moving him likely will not be popular among Nets fans. Not that the Nets have a lot of other guys to move to bring in talent.
Not sure how serious they will become but there are talks going on at some level.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 0
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 5
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 11
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 9
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 45
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60