Jun 24, 2013, 7:41 PM EST
How about adding MarShon Brooks to the mix?
The Nets have been involved in discussions of a trade that would send MarShon Brooks to the Timberwolves, multiple sources told the Daily News.
Minnesota has shown interest in the third-year guard out of Providence, calling around the league for feedback and initiating trade discussions. Talks have not escalated to anything serious or imminent at the moment, according to a source. However, another source said that a proposal is on the table waiting for the Timberwolves’ approval.
The Nets want likely want a point guard in return, they will lose C.J. Watson to free agency. Backup point guards are something the Timberwolves have in abundance — Alexey Schved, J.J. Barea and Luke Ridnour.
To make any of those trades work the Nets (who are over the luxury tax and have limits on what they can do) will have to throw more into the deal to make it work. Maybe a draft pick or a young player.
Brooks scored 12.6 points a game and showed some promise as a rookie. His game developed some but we didn’t get to see much of it as he was squeezed out of the rotation by Joe Johnson (and Watson). That said, moving him likely will not be popular among Nets fans. Not that the Nets have a lot of other guys to move to bring in talent.
Not sure how serious they will become but there are talks going on at some level.
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 1
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 12
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 11
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)