Jun 24, 2013, 7:41 PM EST
How about adding MarShon Brooks to the mix?
The Nets have been involved in discussions of a trade that would send MarShon Brooks to the Timberwolves, multiple sources told the Daily News.
Minnesota has shown interest in the third-year guard out of Providence, calling around the league for feedback and initiating trade discussions. Talks have not escalated to anything serious or imminent at the moment, according to a source. However, another source said that a proposal is on the table waiting for the Timberwolves’ approval.
The Nets want likely want a point guard in return, they will lose C.J. Watson to free agency. Backup point guards are something the Timberwolves have in abundance — Alexey Schved, J.J. Barea and Luke Ridnour.
To make any of those trades work the Nets (who are over the luxury tax and have limits on what they can do) will have to throw more into the deal to make it work. Maybe a draft pick or a young player.
Brooks scored 12.6 points a game and showed some promise as a rookie. His game developed some but we didn’t get to see much of it as he was squeezed out of the rotation by Joe Johnson (and Watson). That said, moving him likely will not be popular among Nets fans. Not that the Nets have a lot of other guys to move to bring in talent.
Not sure how serious they will become but there are talks going on at some level.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 0
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 2
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 41
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 4
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9