Jun 24, 2013, 4:21 PM EST
Roc Sports is collaboration between Jay-Z and the Creative Artists Agency (CAA) — already one of the powerhouse agent groups already.
What Jay-Z brings to the mix is a name plus an understanding of how to brand and market players. Honestly, negotiating’s Durant’s next max contract is not the hard part, what he wants is promotion off the court. No doubt Rob Pelinka (who KD left but is also the agent for Kobe Bryant and others) understands marketing and getting his players endorsements and the rest, but Jay-Z brings a certain swagger to that.
Of course, what would really help Durant’s marketing status is a shiny ring on his finger.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 6
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 11
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13