Jun 24, 2013, 4:21 PM EST
Roc Sports is collaboration between Jay-Z and the Creative Artists Agency (CAA) — already one of the powerhouse agent groups already.
What Jay-Z brings to the mix is a name plus an understanding of how to brand and market players. Honestly, negotiating’s Durant’s next max contract is not the hard part, what he wants is promotion off the court. No doubt Rob Pelinka (who KD left but is also the agent for Kobe Bryant and others) understands marketing and getting his players endorsements and the rest, but Jay-Z brings a certain swagger to that.
Of course, what would really help Durant’s marketing status is a shiny ring on his finger.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 0
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 4
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 18
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8