Jun 24, 2013, 4:21 PM EDT
Roc Sports is collaboration between Jay-Z and the Creative Artists Agency (CAA) — already one of the powerhouse agent groups already.
What Jay-Z brings to the mix is a name plus an understanding of how to brand and market players. Honestly, negotiating’s Durant’s next max contract is not the hard part, what he wants is promotion off the court. No doubt Rob Pelinka (who KD left but is also the agent for Kobe Bryant and others) understands marketing and getting his players endorsements and the rest, but Jay-Z brings a certain swagger to that.
Of course, what would really help Durant’s marketing status is a shiny ring on his finger.
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 18
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 30
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 31
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 42
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24