Jun 24, 2013, 4:21 PM EDT
Roc Sports is collaboration between Jay-Z and the Creative Artists Agency (CAA) — already one of the powerhouse agent groups already.
What Jay-Z brings to the mix is a name plus an understanding of how to brand and market players. Honestly, negotiating’s Durant’s next max contract is not the hard part, what he wants is promotion off the court. No doubt Rob Pelinka (who KD left but is also the agent for Kobe Bryant and others) understands marketing and getting his players endorsements and the rest, but Jay-Z brings a certain swagger to that.
Of course, what would really help Durant’s marketing status is a shiny ring on his finger.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 10
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 19
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14