Jun 24, 2013, 4:21 PM EDT
Roc Sports is collaboration between Jay-Z and the Creative Artists Agency (CAA) — already one of the powerhouse agent groups already.
What Jay-Z brings to the mix is a name plus an understanding of how to brand and market players. Honestly, negotiating’s Durant’s next max contract is not the hard part, what he wants is promotion off the court. No doubt Rob Pelinka (who KD left but is also the agent for Kobe Bryant and others) understands marketing and getting his players endorsements and the rest, but Jay-Z brings a certain swagger to that.
Of course, what would really help Durant’s marketing status is a shiny ring on his finger.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 21
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65