Jun 24, 2013, 2:37 AM EST
You’re not going to have Darko Milicic to kick around in the NBA.
“No more chances. This is a done deal,” Milicic said according to Google Translate. While that means the quote may not be a perfect translation, if you read the entire post what is clear is he sees his NBA time in the rear view mirror.
Milicic signed to play in Boston last season with Celtics fans hoping he could provide solid minutes off the bench to spell Kevin Garnett. Didn’t exactly work out that way. Milicic appeared in one Boston game for all of five minutes. The Celtics had waived him before Thanksgiving.
The former No. 2 pick of the Pistons — he was selected behind LeBron James but ahead of Carmelo Anthony and Dwyane Wade, among others — appears to thrown in he w after 10 seasons. He retires with a championship ring — remember he was a rookie on the 2004 Pistons.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13