Jun 24, 2013, 2:37 AM EDT
You’re not going to have Darko Milicic to kick around in the NBA.
“No more chances. This is a done deal,” Milicic said according to Google Translate. While that means the quote may not be a perfect translation, if you read the entire post what is clear is he sees his NBA time in the rear view mirror.
Milicic signed to play in Boston last season with Celtics fans hoping he could provide solid minutes off the bench to spell Kevin Garnett. Didn’t exactly work out that way. Milicic appeared in one Boston game for all of five minutes. The Celtics had waived him before Thanksgiving.
The former No. 2 pick of the Pistons — he was selected behind LeBron James but ahead of Carmelo Anthony and Dwyane Wade, among others — appears to thrown in he w after 10 seasons. He retires with a championship ring — remember he was a rookie on the 2004 Pistons.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 38
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18