Jun 24, 2013, 2:37 AM EST
You’re not going to have Darko Milicic to kick around in the NBA.
“No more chances. This is a done deal,” Milicic said according to Google Translate. While that means the quote may not be a perfect translation, if you read the entire post what is clear is he sees his NBA time in the rear view mirror.
Milicic signed to play in Boston last season with Celtics fans hoping he could provide solid minutes off the bench to spell Kevin Garnett. Didn’t exactly work out that way. Milicic appeared in one Boston game for all of five minutes. The Celtics had waived him before Thanksgiving.
The former No. 2 pick of the Pistons — he was selected behind LeBron James but ahead of Carmelo Anthony and Dwyane Wade, among others — appears to thrown in he w after 10 seasons. He retires with a championship ring — remember he was a rookie on the 2004 Pistons.
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 1
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 15
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 59
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8