Jun 24, 2013, 2:37 AM EDT
You’re not going to have Darko Milicic to kick around in the NBA.
“No more chances. This is a done deal,” Milicic said according to Google Translate. While that means the quote may not be a perfect translation, if you read the entire post what is clear is he sees his NBA time in the rear view mirror.
Milicic signed to play in Boston last season with Celtics fans hoping he could provide solid minutes off the bench to spell Kevin Garnett. Didn’t exactly work out that way. Milicic appeared in one Boston game for all of five minutes. The Celtics had waived him before Thanksgiving.
The former No. 2 pick of the Pistons — he was selected behind LeBron James but ahead of Carmelo Anthony and Dwyane Wade, among others — appears to thrown in he w after 10 seasons. He retires with a championship ring — remember he was a rookie on the 2004 Pistons.
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 15
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 39
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 22
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64