Jun 24, 2013, 3:52 PM EDT
But he looked pretty good in that limited time — he rebounded at a higher rate than he had all through his career and he shot 59.5 percent. So it’s not a shock that the Bucks picked up the option on the Mexico native for next season, as reported by televisadeportes.esmas.com.
Another advantage — he makes just $1.5 million next season. Good luck finding a solid big man to replace him at that price.
But hopefully Ayon will continue his development and get a chance to show it off in Milwaukee next season.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 23
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 30
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23